Zeppelin reunion

Zint

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, gigs could be amazing even thought with sloppy guitarists like Page, but that doesnt mean they're tight.

I just reported that someone who was at the rehearsals (not you)...said they sounded tight.

I've heard the Who "sound" tight when in fact Moon is sloppy as all hell.

I've heard the Stones "sound" tight when in fact Keith was REALLY sloppy.

I've been at Iggy gigs that "sounded" tight but were in fact sloppy as hell.

It's an exciting day for rock fans...Zep fans particularly.

Page is a brilliant guitarist...sloppy or otherwise.

Yes, gigs could be amazing even thought with sloppy guitarists like Page, but that doesnt mean they're tight.

I just reported that someone who was at the rehearsals (not you)...said they sounded tight.

You mix up tight and great. ;)

It's a difference.

You mix up tight and great. ;)

It's a difference.

You mix up a sloppy guitarist and a band sounding tight.

anyhoo..

a pic from outside the venue (apparantly)

zep11kc2.jpg

another rehearsal pic

zep4jf7.jpg

‘Baby’ Led Zeppelin fan pays £83,000 to see gig

IT’S a whole lotta money. A young man not even born when Led Zeppelin split up has paid a record £83,000 to see their reunion concert in London tomorrow night.

The pair of tickets cost Kenneth Donnell, 25, more than his family paid for their red-brick home in Johnstone, near Glasgow, a few years ago, blowing savings dedicated to buying an Audi R8 sports car.

Donnell says he has no regrets ? yet ? about the size of his bid at a BBC Children in Need charity auction made after he and 20m other fans failed to get a standard £125 ticket. He said he had wanted to see his father’s favourite band for years.

“I was gutted that I was not born in the 1960s and able to see Led Zeppelin in the 1970s like my dad,” he said, adding that he was sober when he joined the auction hosted by Terry Wogan.

Related Links

The odd couple

He refused to say where the money came from but added: “I am not loaded, but at least it’s going on charity to help other people, which is a lot better than the likes of me spending it on a car and just getting the enjoyment for myself.”

The BBC said it had received his payment.

Despite strict antitouting measures that mean the lucky 18,000 fans have to turn up with photo ID before they can get their arena, websites such as eBay are still offering themtickets at the O2 for sale. A complex system of checks will also be carried out on the day.

Led Zeppelin, one of the most influential British rock bands of the 1970s, merged blues and folk music into an arena-filling roar. They refused to release singles but their song Whole Lotta Love was used as the theme tune for the Top of the Pops chart show. The band broke up in 1980 because of the death of their drummer, John Bonham. Tomorrow night he will be replaced by his son Jason, 41.

Since the break-up they have been rediscovered by younger musicians, although the singer Robert Plant, now 59, has mocked the imitators who have tried to copy their sound. Last week the guitarist Jimmy Page, 63, whose broken finger delayed the concert for two weeks, admitted that he had butterflies about the concert. “During rehearsals [in a studio near Windsor] it was a bit nervy, I didn’t want to be the one who couldn’t cut it, but now it feels terrific,” he said.

There is pressure on the band to follow up with a tour, especially in North America, with observers saying Led Zeppelin could earn £150m. However, Plant admitted he resented the “conveyor belt of expectations” about a comeback tour. “If people don’t talk about a tour, anything is possible,” he said. “The more people talk, the more pressure it puts on everyone, the less likely it will happen. We shall see how we all feel after London.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3022477.ece

http://www.planetrock.co.uk/

Streaming the concert. Doesn't sound half bad!

Are you sure that's right? The link brought me here: http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/player/defa...sp?s=47&e=0

Your Ideal Zeppelin Setlist

We play out the results of the Led Zeppelin poll as voted by you. Hear the rundown of the Zep songs you wanted to hear played in you ideal Zeppelin set list.