Led Zeppelin vs The Rolling Stones vs The Who

ffrankwhite

How can anyone prefer The Stones to Zeppelin?

Led Zeppelin had the better songs, the better singer and the better musicians.

They are better in like every way.

Elaborate.

Mick Jagger doesn't have a really good voice, whereas Robert Plant is one of the best singers ever. And no one can tell me that Keith Richards is better on guitar then Jimmy Page, that's just not true. Jimmy Page is a guitar hero. Keith Richards wrote some cool stuff on guitar, but everyone who has played gutiar for a while can play what he plays. John Bonham and John Paul Jones are superior to their counterparts in the Stones.

And Led Zeppelin made some amazing songs, some psychodelic stuff, some Rock N' Roll stuff, very big variety. The Stones just keep making their pop rock songs.

to just straight ahead compare them like that is non-sensical because the music they played wasnt THAT identical. Keith didnt play the same kind of indulgent stuff as Page, he didnt attempt to, just because its simpler doesnt make it worse. the stones, at their best could be a lot more punchier than Zeppelin. again, Jaggers voice isnt attempting to do the same kinds of things as plants, doesnt make it worse. then again its a preference thing i suppose, i think both are good for different reasons. depends what you're looking for i guess.

Ironically, The Who were the first rock show I ever went to. The opening act: Robert Plant. That night with The Who was one of the most incredible shows I have ever been to, and basically cemented them as my favorite of the British Invasion bands. The Stones are great, but I prefer the Who's music (not to mention that I prefer the Who's live shows to the Stones shows I've seen). Led Zep are great, I just prefer the other two.

1 The Who

2 The Stones

3 The Zep