The Worst Albums Of All Time

ffrankwhite

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they are original and made good music.

duff21

So were/are the Velvet Underground and they werent popular.

VU wouldn't have existed without The Beatles, though.

They would actually. :huh:

How? Everything within rock music was influenced by The Beatles one way or another after the early 60s.

duff21

How? Everything within rock music was influenced by The Beatles one way or another after the early 60s.

Never ever EVER, have I heard once that the Beatles influenced the VU or any of its members. Out of all the Lou Reed DVDs that I've watched, they have never been mentioned. If you can find something to prove to me that they influenced the Velvets, then please show me.

Never ever EVER, have I heard once that the Beatles influenced the VU or any of its members. Out of all the Lou Reed DVDs that I've watched, they have never been mentioned. If you can find something to prove to me that they influenced the Velvets, then please show me.

I'm not talking about a direct influence on VU, I mean how The Beatles influenced music. You seriously think the members of VU would have thought out their sound if John, George, Paul and Ringo never were born? And if they did think out their sound, would it even have worked?

Nor could they ever have made an album like Loaded if it wasn't for The Beatles.

lol I collect many rare thrash/death/black metal tapes from the 80s

and I got this one extremely rare tape of a band called Checker Patrol

Necrobutcher

Euronymous

Markus ``Lulle`` Ludwig

Michael ``Micha`` Hoffman

Robert Gonnella

Thats 2 members of Norwegian black metal act Mayhem and 3 members of German thrash act Assassin

and they had to be drunk they sound so fucked up and the songs are awful

No wonder they only released this one demo to a limited print

its awful

:rofl-lol:

I'm not talking about a direct influence on VU, I mean how The Beatles influenced music. You seriously think the members of VU would have thought out their sound if John, George, Paul and Ringo never were born? And if they did think out their sound, would it even have worked?

Nor could they ever have made an album like Loaded if it wasn't for The Beatles.

Yes, I do. :huh:

The Velvet Underground & Loaded sound different because John Cale had left the band. Clearly, John was very important to their sound. The Velvets are NOTHING like the Beatles.

The way you talk about the Beatles, you probably think that they influenced the wind to blow.

The Velvet Underground & Loaded sound different because John Cale had left the band. Clearly, John was very important to their sound. The Velvets are NOTHING like the Beatles.

The way you talk about the Beatles, you probably think that they influenced the wind to blow.

Face it.. Beatles changed music, they're the most influential band in music history. They didn't only come up with new ways to play the music, but also to record it.

If you deny that Velvet Underground was influenced by The Beatles.. you've gotta open your narrow little mind.

duff21

There isnt too many bands that can say they weren't influenced and inspired by The Beatles.

If they don't mention Beatles, they mention other bands who was influenced by the them.

You have to admit that The Beatles were innovative and progressive in every single thing they did. Using a sitar in popular music and not scaring Western listeners away by doing so? Come on, who else could have thought of that except The Beatles?

I'm not saying that VUs music is like The Beatles', or were influenced directly by them - all I'm saying is that The Beatles played the biggest role in changing future music; VU would never, ever have gotten the ideas for the music they made if The Beatles hadn't done their thing first.

And the way you talk about VU reminds me of how some of the worst Axlites on here talk about Axl - it's like your mind isn't aware that there actually are other bands and artists out there than VU and The Stooges plus their band members.

Edited by Lithium

You have to admit that The Beatles were innovative and progressive in every single thing they did. Using a sitar in popular music and not scaring Western listeners away by doing so? Come on, who else could have thought of that except The Beatles?

The Yardbirds. 1965. "Heart Full of Soul."

The Yardbirds. 1965. "Heart Full of Soul."

That was the alternate version, though, and it was not released as a single, which means it did not reach the public as well as The Beatles did with their sitar-songs.

I'm not saying that VUs music is like The Beatles', or were influenced directly by them - all I'm saying is that The Beatles played the biggest role in changing future music; VU would never, ever have gotten the ideas for the music they made if The Beatles hadn't done their thing first.

And the way you talk about VU reminds me of how some of the worst Axlites on here talk about Axl - it's like your mind isn't aware that there actually are other bands and artists out there than VU and The Stooges plus their band members.

No, Elvis played the biggest role in changing the future of music.

How the fuck do you know where they would have gotten their ideas from? Lou was doing drugs LONG before any of the Beatles. Most VU songs are based around that. Their band name is from a book. Lou had a record out before the Beatles even existed. Andy Warhol was the one that influenced the VU, and the VU influenced Andy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPp7nq5YWiE

Edited by metallic ko

How the fuck do you know where they would have gotten their ideas from? Lou was doing drugs LONG before any of the Beatles. Most VU songs are based around that. Their band name is from a book. Lou had a record out before the Beatles even existed. Andy Warhol was the one that influenced the VU, and the VU influenced Andy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPp7nq5YWiE

Doesn't change the fact that the Beatles are better than them.

Well, the discussion about whether Elvis or The Beatles played the biggest role in future music has been discussed since the 70s, so I'm not going to go into that now; hell, I'm even a bit unsure myself. But if Elvis is the one who played the biggest role, The Beatles is a pretty fucking clear second place and vice versa.

Wow, wow, wow, calm down here. What does drugs and band names have to do with anything?

It doesn't make a difference if he made a record before The Beatles even existed, I'm talking about The Velvet Underground as a whole, and that includes Moe Tucker, Sterling Morrison and John Cale as well.

Do I have to repeat myself again? Pay close attention to the words now, because I'm not writing them another time: I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT A DIRECT INFLUENCE - what I am saying is that without The Beatles, guitars would have been used in a completely different way, drums would have been used differently, etc. And they influenced EVERYTHING in rock music during their time, and that have to include some of the bands that either Lou Reed, Morrison, Moe Tucker, John Cale, or any of the other future members of The Velvet Underground really, really, really enjoyed, and then influenced their type of playing.

Do you understand what I am saying now? I'm not going to bother to continue this discussion if you are going to continue with all the "VU was influenced by other people and bands than The Beatles"-crap you've been doing since the beginning of this discussion.

Well, the discussion about whether Elvis or The Beatles played the biggest role in future music has been discussed since the 70s, so I'm not going to go into that now; hell, I'm even a bit unsure myself. But if Elvis is the one who played the biggest role, The Beatles is a pretty fucking clear second place and vice versa.

Wow, wow, wow, calm down here. What does drugs and band names have to do with anything?

It doesn't make a difference if he made a record before The Beatles even existed, I'm talking about The Velvet Underground as a whole, and that includes Moe Tucker, Sterling Morrison and John Cale as well.

Do I have to repeat myself again? Pay close attention to the words now, because I'm not writing them another time: I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT A DIRECT INFLUENCE - what I am saying is that without The Beatles, guitars would have been used in a completely different way, drums would have been used differently, etc. And they influenced EVERYTHING in rock music during their time, and that have to include some of the bands that either Lou Reed, Morrison, Moe Tucker, John Cale, or any of the other future members of The Velvet Underground really, really, really enjoyed, and then influenced their type of playing.

Do you understand what I am saying now? I'm not going to bother to continue this discussion if you are going to continue with all the "VU was influenced by other people and bands than The Beatles"-crap you've been doing since the beginning of this discussion.

Elvis played the biggest role.

How did the Beatles influence the VU, indirectly or directly?

what I am saying is that without The Beatles, guitars would have been used in a completely different way, drums would have been used differently, etc. And they influenced EVERYTHING in rock music during their time, and that have to include some of the bands that either Lou Reed, Morrison, Moe Tucker, John Cale, or any of the other future members of The Velvet Underground really, really, really enjoyed, and then influenced their type of playing.

Yes I did.

what I am saying is that without The Beatles, guitars would have been used in a completely different way, drums would have been used differently, etc. And they influenced EVERYTHING in rock music during their time, and that have to include some of the bands that either Lou Reed, Morrison, Moe Tucker, John Cale, or any of the other future members of The Velvet Underground really, really, really enjoyed, and then influenced their type of playing.

Yes I did.

I still beg to differ.

Yes I did.

I still beg to differ.

Whats with the apparent dislike of the Beatles?