Love - Forever Changes

Gash

Only got this album relatively recently but I very much enjoy it. Its odd. It seemed to be one of those albums that I happen to get at a point of my life where it hits home with me for whatever reason that I can't explain. I can definately see the large influence that they had on the Doors whom have always been one of my favourite bands.

Hows their other albums?

Hopefully this shall be more successful than my thread on Jawbreaker haha.

Ciao Jimmy!! :)

Man I'd never have thought you'd be all Love-liking. I figure Forever Changes is a good album though, but it's also too traditional 60's pop for me in many ways.

I listen to it at times. Bummer in the summer is a good song. I figure it contains more good songs than that one, but it never really got me that much. Or no well, it does definitely contain more good songs than that one. Like for instance that "You're locking him up today, you're throwing away the key"-song. That's good too. Rhythmwise too.

;)

The Doors and Love, I don't really seem to have seen though. How do you draw that line? Is it musicwise og their philosophy? Both areas seem different to me..

Edited by Lindy

...maybe I'll check some more of their stuff out when I get the time.

Ah yeah, that was one of the main reasons I started the thread really. Hope someone can clear it up for us if their other stuff was any good.

Ciao Jimmy!! :)

Man I'd never have thought you'd be all Love-liking. I figure Forever Changes is a good album though, but it's also too traditional 60's pop for me in many ways.

I listen to it at times. Bummer in the summer is a good song. I figure it contains more good songs than that one, but it never really got me that much. Or no well, it does definitely contain more good songs than that one. Like for instance that "You're locking him up today, you're throwing away the key"-song. That's good too. Rhythmwise too.

;)

The Doors and Love, I don't really seem to have seen though. How do you draw that line? Is it musicwise og their philosophy? Both areas seem different to me..

Hey Lindy!

The song you're thinking of is Red Telephone.

I know that Love were the big band around in L.A when the Doors were just starting and the Doors looked up to them. Personally I think Morrison was influenced by Lee's poetic, sort of introspective lyrics. See a common jazzy theme of Love and the Doors too.

One of my all time fav albums, arthur lee was a genius! I remember i got into this album back when i was 15 reading old interviews with the stone roses with them saying what a huge influence Love had on them. If u listen to the rythem secton on a few of the tracks you can def hear the inlfunece and if uv got the version with the extra tracks on and u listen to Your Mind We Belong Together, the end solo is breaking into heaven. Anyway this album is just amazing, timeless, i think theers a new documentry about love coming out which i cant wait to see. It sux arthur lee was gonna get the original line up back together in the 90s but thanks to americas fukin stupid 3 strikes laws he had to go prison and by the time he got out some of the band had died, or so i remember reading. Check out the first album and de capo aswell, both are excellent albums, though not the absoloute classic forever changes is, i mean every single fukin song on this album is just fukin magical!