Best Rock album of this current decade?

kevdo242

Well Libertad is outstanding. I also really like Smashing Pumpkins' Zeitgeist and Iron Maiden's A Matter Of Life And Death.
Nickelback - All The Right Reasons

Three Days Grace - Three Days Grace

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water

Creed - Human Clay

I hope you're being sarcastic

how about no?

the noughties...well they have been better than the seventies or sixties.

Are you fucking kidding me??

'60s - The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Frank Zappa and loads more.

'70s - Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Queen, Sex Pistols, Pink Floyd and loads more.

And you have to offer for the '00s...

'00s - Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park.

I'll add 3 Doors Down,Staind,Hoobastank,Slipknot,SOAD,Breaking Benjamin,Fuel,Drowning Pool,Chevelle,Buckcherry,Crazy Town...the list goes on and on

but even with those 4 bands,the 00's would win the 70's and yet be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the 60's

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

To name a few (rather recent) albums I like: Bob Dylan - Modern Times, Neil Young - Chrome Dreams II, The Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist,

Monster Magnet - 4way diablo

Edited by st0n3r

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add 3 Doors Down,Staind,Hoobastank,Slipknot,SOAD,Breaking Benjamin,Fuel,Drowning Pool,Chevelle,Buckcherry,Crazy Town...the list goes on and on

but even with those 4 bands,the 00's would win the 70's and yet be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the 60's

Frank Zappa alone destroys all of those bands put together...

Although good to see you put SOAD in there because they are rather great (as with Slipknot and Buckcherry to a lesser extent).

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Well Libertad is outstanding. I also really like Smashing Pumpkins' Zeitgeist and Iron Maiden's A Matter Of Life And Death.
Nickelback - All The Right Reasons

Three Days Grace - Three Days Grace

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water

Creed - Human Clay

I hope you're being sarcastic

how about no?

the noughties...well they have been better than the seventies or sixties.

Are you fucking kidding me??

'60s - The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Frank Zappa and loads more.

'70s - Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Queen, Sex Pistols, Pink Floyd and loads more.

And you have to offer for the '00s...

'00s - Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park.

:laugh:

Please tell me what 2000 band has left a standing in music, a presence, and made a impact more than:

The Beatles, The Stooges, The Stones, Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Cream, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, The Ramones, The Who, Alice Cooper, The Sex Pistols, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin Bob Dylan, etc?

You can't. Since no band from the 2000 era has done anything remotely close to achieve and do what those did for Music.

The only band ahead of it's time was The Beatles and Pink Floyd.

Edited by Axl98

Please tell me what 2000 band has left a standing in music, a presence, and made a impact more than:

The Beatles, The Stooges, The Stones, Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Cream, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, The Ramones, The Who, Alice Cooper, The Sex Pistols, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin Bob Dylan, etc?

You can't. Since no band from the 2000 era has done anything remotely close to achieve and do what those did for Music.

Well, we can only guess. Its best not to compare bands nowadays to the likes of Beatles and Floyd.

Ohh so many, but these are some of my fave that i loove. :heart:

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory.

U.2 - All that you cant leave behind.

Coldplay - Parachutes.

Audioslave - Audioslave.

Fuel - Something like human.

Green Day - American Idiot.

Foo Figthers -Echoes,Silence,Patience and Grace.

The Killers - Hot Fuss.

Come again?

Yeah, Im a bit befuddled by that statement. I think you forgot:

Black Sabbath

The Who

The Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

Cream

Chuck Berry

And many more...

I hate to get into these types of arguments, but most of those bands mentioned I wouldn't exactly call "ahead" of their time...perhaps only Chuck Berry because he was playing piano licks in piano friendly keys with a guitar - but even so...it was all 12 bar

along with 90% of the material by the bands mentioned...ahead of their time? no i daresay they were actually nostalgic to the point of emulation for their favorite blues junky. Pink Floyd maybe you could make a case for during their existential classic years (67-79) with syd and roger leading the band - but in retrospect they were just doing what everyone else was doing just a whole hellovalot better - acid experimentation was already done in the late fifties and early sixties just had yet to have been applied to mainstream music.