The Mars Volta

stevGNR666

Leaked through videos on their website plus their new single (the first one):

Askepios

Here's the article about the album at ultimate-guitar (I know it's old but hey I figured why not make a thread about it)

Mars Volta Talks About New Album

I just got tickets to go see them in Philly on January 16th and I'm pretty stoked.

I just bought my tickets to the show in Kansas City.

I'm pumped rock3

I'm so fucking pumped for the show on the 17th! it's gonna be fucking awesome. I hope we get most of the new album debuted for us. Goliath is a killer track with great lyrics and a great tune to it. It should be awesome!

I had the choice to see The Mars Volta or Velvet Revolver and I chose The Mars Volta.

Velvet Revolver ---- The Mars Volta

100$ < 30$

Nostalgic < Fresh

Scott < Cedric

Slash < Omar

Riff Rock+Ballad < Eclectic Latin Jazz-Rock-Punk Fusion

Don't get me wrong I like Velvet Revolver and all but the Mars Volta are soooo much more interesting musically.

Edited by stevGNR666

I had the choice to see The Mars Volta or Velvet Revolver and I chose The Mars Volta.

100$ < 30$

Nostalgic < Fresh

Scott < Cedric

Slash < Omar

Don't get me wrong I like Velvet Revolver and all but the Mars Volta are soooo much more interesting musically.

You won't regret your decision-prepare to have your mind blown.

100$ < 30$

Nostalgic < Fresh

Scott < Cedric

Slash < Omar

Trust me, I agree that MV will be a much better show than VR. But I have to go because the majority wants to go to VR. But the way I look at it is, MV will tour again and again. This could be VR's last run.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

100$ < 30$

Nostalgic < Fresh

Scott < Cedric

Slash < Omar

Trust me, I agree that MV will be a much better show than VR. But I have to go because the majority wants to go to VR. But the way I look at it is, MV will tour again and again. This could be VR's last run.

bah humbug I would have gone to the MV by myself and told them to sell my ticket

Holy shit does this band fucking suck!

Go back to listening to your Nickelback and hair metal. You don't know what music is.

chill man, when you're a mars volta or any prog band fan boy guff is expected from the popular music crowd...prog rock died in the billboard chart around 1981 so whatever...this kind of treatment is expected from the majority.

that being said, I could really dig listening to some king crimson right about now.

If you're expecting a visual show with crowd interaction, you might be disappointed. The Mars Volta tend to be subdued in their performances -- it's essentially a long psychedelic jam, where songs last for 20 to 30 minutes each. Great band, but it's a listening experience more than anything else..

-Kickingthehabit

I'm a huge jazz/jam band/improv based band fan so that will be a highlight for me - the cerebral intensity baby!