Raising Sand - Robert Plant and Alison Krauss

highvoltage

Not sure if there's already been a thread about this - but I picked it up today, and it's a lovely album to listen to. It's a really smooth, laid back album - Plant and Krauss complement each other superbly. I don't know how to explain this bit, but the production makes it sound like the album was recorded back in the 40's, which is really cool.

Anybody else got this one?

yeah, got it a couple months ago, worth every penny...T-Bone, from the reviews i've heard really lays down that smooth production. I'm really glad Robert doesn't rock out on this album. It wasn't appropriate. My favorite track is Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us whcih was absolutely beautiful with the fiddle part and her beautiful vocals complimented by his harmonization during the chorus. this was the barn burner of the album for me. Fortune Teller was a fun song for Robert although it was all a little repetitive...

The song choices I thought were the genius on the album.

Very, very awesome album, and Plant is going on tour with her so I may just have to go see them. I hear he rattles out a few Zep tracks too so will most probably rock hard.

But yeah it's a great album, really nice to just sit and relax while you listen to it, both have brilliant voices and sound amazing, even with Plant nearing his 60th birthday. Definitely well worth the money. rock4

I cant wait to get this album, iv only heard a couple of tunes off it and they sound great. The one review i read compared them to gram and emmylou so im really lookin forward to gettin it, i asked for it for christmas though so i gotta wait till then but hey at least il have somethin to look foward to this christmas.

Edited by Midnight Rambler

yeah, got it a couple months ago, worth every penny...T-Bone, from the reviews i've heard really lays down that smooth production. I'm really glad Robert doesn't rock out on this album. It wasn't appropriate. My favorite track is Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us whcih was absolutely beautiful with the fiddle part and her beautiful vocals complimented by his harmonization during the chorus. this was the barn burner of the album for me. Fortune Teller was a fun song for Robert although it was all a little repetitive...

I agree. Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us is spectacular. It's such a great album, and a big surprise this year for me. Plant's going to work with T-Bone again for his next studio album so that gets me more pumped for that.

I agree. Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us is spectacular. It's such a great album, and a big surprise this year for me. Plant's going to work with T-Bone again for his next studio album so that gets me more pumped for that.

Did you also feel that 'tried to rock' pieces were a bit out of place? I thought the production and the overall sound lent itself to stuff like killing the blues and polly come home rather than I read the letter or some of the other stuff that was uptempo...

Did you also feel that 'tried to rock' pieces were a bit out of place? I thought the production and the overall sound lent itself to stuff like killing the blues and polly come home rather than I read the letter or some of the other stuff that was uptempo...

That song is incredibly cool - it's such an eerie melody... beautiful.

That song is incredibly cool - it's such an eerie melody... beautiful.

which song? sister rosetta? that's the finest song i've heard all year, kind of makes me want to hear the original...

I actually like the uptempo songs the most. Please Read the Letter is my personal favourite.