canon rock cover

yes i do . here it is :rolleyes:

it contains the orginal jerryc version and my modified version

http://rapidshare.com/files/77397670/CANON_ROCK.rar.html

i modified the tab a little bit just to make it easier for me to play . like , i changed the huge sweeping parts to tapping parts and changed some other notes and so on . it's 20% easier than the orginal i think .

i'd rather hear people talk about the song i played not about the song i choosed

canon rock is a good song and that's why lot of people cover it . i just don't know why there are people who don't want to see a canon rock cover video still like to open this topic and tell me doing this is dull . you could have ignore it , couldn't you

Edited by 颠颠CHRIS

Canon Rock is just too over-copied. If you want my critique, you're obviously not JerryC, but you probably know that. I like the tapping in place of the sweeping though, I'm more of a fan of that (as quadlaser probably knows). Btw quad I never did get around to learning that tapping part of the Extreme solo...I'm lazy, and my bad hand has been fucking up for a while after surgery. Boo.

:rofl-lol: you're such a dick, forsaken.

That was pretty sick, dude. It was pretty obvious that you played it slower than the original, and you didn't hit the squeals. However, that first sweep was sick as hell, you did it better than jerry.

I'm working on that song too :xmasssanta:

Canon Rock is just too over-copied. If you want my critique, you're obviously not JerryC, but you probably know that. I like the tapping in place of the sweeping though, I'm more of a fan of that (as quadlaser probably knows). Btw quad I never did get around to learning that tapping part of the Extreme solo...I'm lazy, and my bad hand has been fucking up for a while after surgery. Boo.

JerryC's version sucks anal balls

listen to the funtwo version

jerryc wrote it, though, and funtwo fakes his way through the hardest part, jerryc is is less robotic too IMO.

btw axlisold, i learned that extreme solo and i play it every day now, it's probably the coolest thing i can play. :xmasschef:

Edited by quadlaser

No fucking way.

No one plays it anywhere near as cool as JerryC

All versions are JerryC's versions, he wrote it. Ass. JerryC Wrote his and then played it on a webcam. Funtwo sat around playing someone else's song until he perfected it and then posted it.

All versions are JerryC's versions, he wrote it. Ass. JerryC Wrote his and then played it on a webcam. Funtwo sat around playing someone else's song until he perfected it and then posted it.

exactly. has anyone seen the video of funtwo playing canon rock live ? he totally ruined it , maybe too nervous , maybe not THAT skilled . but jerryc , however ,did better when played the song live . he's the one who arranged all those things but recorded it with a lame ass camera . others , like me , just find the tab , practise it until perfect (i didn't), then film it and put it on youtube . it's more like a copy machine not a musician to me .

exactly. has anyone seen the video of funtwo playing canon rock live ? he totally ruined it , maybe too nervous , maybe not THAT skilled . but jerryc , however ,did better when played the song live . he's the one who arranged all those things but recorded it with a lame ass camera . others , like me , just find the tab , practise it until perfect (i didn't), then film it and put it on youtube . it's more like a copy machine not a musician to me .

Damn right, mores to the point Funtwo's sounds like it was put into Cubase and whacked out ona MIDI file, JerryC's sounds much, much cooler.

he was still better than JerryC :rofl-lol: you jsut said it yourself

he was still better than JerryC :rofl-lol: you jsut said it yourself

No, what I said, is that funtwo did the same thing over and over and most likely had to play it a hundred times before he got that recording. JerryC looks like he was bored one day and played this composition that HE put together. I can make a recording of me playing the solo to "one" by Metallica, and then show you a live show of Hammett not playing the solo up to snuff...does that make me better than him?

btw, chris, any good rock band come out of china? anything like japan's b'z?

well , i'm not so addicted to all those local bands , cuz a chinese song sounds really stupid if it doesn't have a REALLY great lyrics . melody is not something i pay much attention to for chinese songs , should read and enjoy the lyrics and that's the essence of the song . but since you don't speak chinese (i guess ) i'll just recommend some bands to you.

Beyond they have great songs but most of their songs are pop rock (or even pop) , so whether they are a rock band is still controversy . but take an important position in chinese rock fans heart , they've inpired LOTS of people to pick up their guitar and know about rock n roll . just like what gnr means to american people.

Overload (trash metal) www.overload.com.cn . it's an old band that formed in the early 90s , still active till now . their first self-titled album is always my favourite . but they changed their music style to pop rock in their following albums , but melody is still good.

Tang dynasty (heavy metal) they are probably the most popular metal band in china . they write lyrics that are really deep , and they have some great guitarists .

if you want to know more feel free to ask . no problem .