Kiss

Guest Sweet Tooth

Why would I be the last person to do that?

When I say it makes me dislike them more I don't mean that it makes me think they sound worse, just that I think they look stupid in their what and black painted faces.

I don't know, you just seem to be that kinda guy.

OK, let's say you heard Destroyer; what would probably be one of the first things? "Oh no, not the stupid guys with the painted faces". Get my point?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

No, I actually don't get your point. I don't like their sound. I don't like how they look either. Two different things for me.

I've heard a couple of albums by them and haven't liked more then a few songs. That's why I don't like them. That they look silly is just something that reinforcement impression of that I don't like them. I would think they sounded like shit even if they looked normal.

Self-titled debut, Destroyer and Alive are all you need by Kiss, the rest is mediocre or crap.

Bingo, pretty much right on the money.

Get Alive! for sure, and Alive II is really good too, cause you get a lot of the great songs off their other pre '77 albums without the filler (ie. Love Gun, Calling Dr. Love and Shock Me).

If you don't get anything else get Alive!, because it is just really fun and a great live album (it always makes me fall in love with Ace all over again).

Oh, come on! I've seen you around at last.fm listening to AC/DC and shit! I've actually never met someone who likes AC/DC and doesn't like Kiss, or vice versa - their sound is exactly the same, except Kiss has love songs.

I've never heard of AC/DC and KISS having the same sound though :huh:. It's just a completely different thing in my head (although they are/were both just about pure fun rock 'n roll...). But yeah, they don't strike a comparison for me.

Kiss: Gold - is a great place to start.

Bit pricy isn't it though? I mean, good value for 2CD's + 1 DVD but if I was getting into a band, I wouldn't be paying that much.

Cost me a tenner, how much is it near you?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-1974-1982-2CD...2224&sr=8-2

Good value, bearing in mind - that's forty songs, and then a DVD on top of that.

Edited by The Sandman

Anything of the albums that came out before 1978 are a safe bet.

From after that era, the only ones really worth getting are Creatures of the Night and Revenge. The rest have only one or two good songs on them.

I do happen to have a soft spot for some of their not so great albums, such as Asylum and Crazy Nights. From a standard viewpoint, these a very mediocre and cheesy albums but they have some fun, catchy songs.

Anything of the albums that came out before 1978 are a safe bet.

From after that era, the only ones really worth getting are Creatures of the Night and Revenge. The rest have only one or two good songs on them.

I do happen to have a soft spot for some of their not so great albums, such as Asylum and Crazy Nights. From a standard viewpoint, these a very mediocre and cheesy albums but they have some fun, catchy songs.

"Tears Are Falling" and "I'll Fight Hell To Hold You" come to mind. rock3