Bands the World Can Do Without.

SofaKingWhat

Name some bands that we can all do without. Not necessarily bad bands or one you think are shit but just ones that are a little bit generic, haven't contributed anything outstanding to the music world, anything innovative or added nothing much to their particular genre, or written any songs that will be remembered fondly in years to come. If they suddenly just stopped no one would really care too much.

First up for me would be Maroon 5.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madina Fucking Lake. I literally want to kill them.

I may have to tolerate their set before I see the genius Coheed and Cambria in feb.. I may give them a miss, I haven't heard any of their music but all reports have been to the negative...

Bring Me The Horizon are a band I think the world could do without.

Honestly, anything mainstream, fall out boy, paramore(even though their lead sing is :wub: [iMO] they still suck huge fucking balls) plain white t's, gym class heros, ect. Also, john fucking mayor (or whatever his fucking name is) I fucking hate when people call his music rock....its pop....end.

Deep breath, here we go...

Fall Out Boy

Medina Lake

30 Seconds To Mars

Nickelback

Limp Bizkit

Creed

Green Day

+44

Angels & Airwaves

Plain White T's

Gym Class Heroes

Kill Hannah

Linkin Park

Aiden

The list just goes on and on and on...

+44? not terrible.

green day? american idiot wasnt great, but the older stuff is good.

linkin park? i dont know whats so bad about them.

Deep breath, here we go...

Fall Out Boy

Medina Lake

30 Seconds To Mars

Nickelback

Limp Bizkit

Creed

Green Day

+44

Angels & Airwaves

Plain White T's

Gym Class Heroes

Kill Hannah

Linkin Park

Aiden

The list just goes on and on and on...

+44? not terrible.

green day? american idiot wasnt great, but the older stuff is good.

linkin park? i dont know whats so bad about them.

Well yeah with Green Day I only really meant American Idiot and onwards. Despise Linkin Park though, and never really been a fan of +44.

Edited by UseYourAppetite

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Just waiting for some smartass to say Nirvana...

OK I'll say it!! Nirvana. :lol: j/k. I dont know I never got into them. I dont mind there music but they just dont do it for me

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned them yet actually. The second or third post in these kind of threads usually are "nirvana!!1111!!11! worst b4nd eva!!1!!11 i hat em cuz axl say kurt is gay!!11!1" or something.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

OK I'll say it!! Nirvana. :lol: j/k. I dont know I never got into them. I dont mind there music but they just dont do it for me

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned them yet actually. The second or third post in these kind of threads usually are "nirvana!!1111!!11! worst b4nd eva!!1!!11 i hat em cuz axl say kurt is gay!!11!1" or something.

Too true, actually I'm pretty damn surprised nobody's said New Guns N' Roses :lol: I'd have expected it to be one of the first replies.

NIRVANA!!!

Although, if they weren't there, some other grunge band would've merely assumed that mantle, and gone on and been remembered now.

I thought, what a cool thread at first, but then - we're just picking out things we either dislike, or that are commonly stereotyped against. Now, I thought I'd be the first person to be saying "Muse" and all the stuff like them - but no - simply because everything has it's place, and has it's time - it has it's own relevance, to someone or something. Now, it could do without more bands that are just like them in future, but such a sweeping statement is slightly harsh, and too damning in my eyes.