Bands the World Can Do Without.

SofaKingWhat

My Chemical Romace.

30 Seconds to Mars

Trivium

Trivium's live shows pull them back,I've seen them twice as a support act despite not being a massive fan of their recorded music, they're fantastic. Really talented lead guitarist and it's just good ol' heavy metal i guess... but it's not for everyone.... the other two i've seen live as well, My Chem despite the audience's poor reaction were something worth seeing, i'm not a fan of their albums at all but they did put on a hell of a show and tolerated all the bottling.

30 seconds to mars were just unmemorable, so i can agree with you there.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to make mine good by saying only bands I like or at least "tolerate positively" (don't necessarily LIKE them, but enjoy a tune or two occasionally).

The Animals

Boston

Krokus

Free

Manfred Mann

Can't think of the name of the band, but they did "Lunatic Fringe."

Wings

That's all for now. There are literally thousands more but it's late.

Just waiting for some smartass to say Nirvana...

NIRVANA!!!

Although, if they weren't there, some other grunge band would've merely assumed that mantle, and gone on and been remembered now.

I thought, what a cool thread at first, but then - we're just picking out things we either dislike, or that are commonly stereotyped against. Now, I thought I'd be the first person to be saying "Muse" and all the stuff like them - but no - simply because everything has it's place, and has it's time - it has it's own relevance, to someone or something. Now, it could do without more bands that are just like them in future, but such a sweeping statement is slightly harsh, and too damning in my eyes.

Im pretty sure thats exactly what SofakingWhat is getting at

but i guess some posters see the title and think they know what the thread is about without reading the first post, whateva

There isn't a band the world could do with out. All the bands that were listed.....someone, somewhere likes it....even if that is just th band members themselves...........and who says you have to "invent" something new everytime to put something to tape.

You guys should should read the Miles Davis autobiography. It will change you perception on musicians and open your mind to appreciat music........not always judging it.

The people saying someone somewhere likes such and such band are missing the point.

There are bands thats have started a move or done something original and fresh and then there are bands that are just copying that style and bringing nothing new to the scene or have no talent in the band that stands out. List those bands.

And before anyone suggests proper rock bands that arn't adding much, real rock bands have more talent than just strumming some chords.

Someone mentioned The View. That's exactly what I mean. They're just a bunch of guys that can cutely play their instruments but how many times has that been done before. Loads. They're nothing special. Just another generic indie band.

Whoever said Bring Me The Horizon, could you explain why?

I mean, I really enjoy they're music and don't find them a generic example of the metalcore genre in anyway. They're a fresh kinda sound in a genre which was slowly dying IMO.

Along with Joy For A Cowboy and Bleeding Through, BMTH are one of the excellent metalcore bands ^_^

xDSGx

EDIT: What the fuck's with the Anti-Flag mention aswell??! :lol:

You've eveidently not explored they're music well enough if you think they're a generic sounding punk band in any way, shape or form.

Edited by DopeSickGirl

Free

I really like Free. Have you heard the songs 'Oh I wept' and 'Heavy Load' by them? They're exquisite.

Hmmm, here are a few other bands:

Cascada: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Aboz5okOtU

Funeral for a friend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yx_rb4BwYQ

Bullet for my arsehole: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33H0NGd3Ur0

...Oh God, there's too many.

Free

I really like Free. Have you heard the songs 'Oh I wept' and 'Heavy Load' by them? They're exquisite.

Hmmm, here are a few other bands:

Cascada: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Aboz5okOtU

Funeral for a friend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yx_rb4BwYQ

Bullet for my arsehole: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33H0NGd3Ur0

...Oh God, there's too many.

:scared: Oh God, Cascada, just one of the many reasons this country is going down the shitter.

Edited by UseYourAppetite

Whoever said Bring Me The Horizon, could you explain why?

I mean, I really enjoy they're music and don't find them a generic example of the metalcore genre in anyway. They're a fresh kinda sound in a genre which was slowly dying IMO.

Along with Joy For A Cowboy and Bleeding Through, BMTH are one of the excellent metalcore bands ^_^

xDSGx

EDIT: What the fuck's with the Anti-Flag mention aswell??! :lol:

You've eveidently not explored they're music well enough if you think they're a generic sounding punk band in any way, shape or form.

I said BMTH because I had a "friend" who was really into them and would play them 24-7. They honestly just sounded like noise with really poor guitar solos and vocals which were really inconsistent (deep growls one second going to some high pitched.... i don't know what you'd call it... shriek i guess, next) . He even put his phone next to my ear at 6 in the morning with BMTH up full which just didn't help matters. I read a review of them in Kerrang which gave them two K's so it would seem that they aren't too good live either, although I won't entirely base my opinion on that as I have little/no respect for that magazine whatsoever after they gave GnR 0 K's.

Then there's what they did to Slipknot's Eyeless.

As for Job For A Cowboy.... pig noises.... just no, what the fuck is that? Farmyard Metal?

I'm not a hater of heavy music, I love shit like In Flames, Lamb of God, Machinehead. Bodom, DevilDriver and Killswitch to name a few, I just don't like these guys....

Edited by Graeme

I'm not a hater of heavy music, I love shit like In Flames,

Shit!

Lamb of God,

Shit!

Bodom

Utter shit!

Define what makes them shit? now we're getting into personal taste.... In Flames founded a genre... that alone commands some sort of respect. They then recorded "The Jester Race" which is one of the most critically acclaimed metal records of the 1990s. They have fantastic melodic and harmonic sensibilities, two really talented guitarists, an incredible drummer and one of metal's greatest vocalists.

Also their lyrics are deep, personal and yet global as well, they inspired a generation of bands and revolutionised a powerful yet stale subgenre of metal with something it desperately needed, melody.

And that is why the world needs In Flames.

Lamb of God I can't really make a case for but I've seen them live twice and they've been fantastically entertaining.

As for Bodom, again, fair enough if you don't like them but their musical ability is far from shit, in fact i'd have to say it's extremely impressive.

I'm not a hater of heavy music, I love shit like In Flames,

Shit!

Lamb of God,

Shit!

Bodom

Utter shit!

Define what makes them shit? now we're getting into personal taste.... In Flames founded a genre... that alone commands some sort of respect. They then recorded "The Jester Race" which is one of the most critically acclaimed metal records of the 1990s. They have fantastic melodic and harmonic sensibilities, two really talented guitarists, an incredible drummer and one of metal's greatest vocalists.

Also their lyrics are deep, personal and yet global as well, they inspired a generation of bands and revolutionised a powerful yet stale subgenre of metal with something it desperately needed, melody.

And that is why the world needs In Flames.

Lamb of God I can't really make a case for but I've seen them live twice and they've been fantastically entertaining.

As for Bodom, again, fair enough if you don't like them but their musical ability is far from shit, in fact i'd have to say it's extremely impressive.

i agree wuth everything you just said