Bands the World Can Do Without.

SofaKingWhat

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avenged Sevenfold

I think you need to listen to Waking The Fallen, I cant imagine why a guy with Pantera in their sig would suggest that the world could do without a band like Avenged Sevenfold.

Because they suck.

Here's an example of yet another mature, well thought out and effective post in this thread from Raw Power where he respects other people's opinion while getting his point across.

Edited by Graeme

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Avenged Sevenfold

I think you need to listen to Waking The Fallen, I cant imagine why a guy with Pantera in their sig would suggest that the world could do without a band like Avenged Sevenfold.

Because they suck.

Here's an example of yet another mature, well thought out and effective post in this thread from Raw Power where he respects other people's opinion while getting his point across.

Don't we all think that our own opinion are much better and more worth then others? I can only speak for me, but I definatly think my opinion are both better and more valuable.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
I really dislike Children of Bodom. The instuments are amazing in their songs, but the singer just ruins it with the screaming.

That's exactly how I think about Hammerfall.

Whats with all the metal/hardcore hate here?!

If you can't take the screams get out of the pit B)

Some people happen to like it. Its not all generic sounding if you give it the time of day. Unless your of the ilk that for a song to be good you have to be able to sing along :rolls-eyes:

Screaming, grunting and growling is what the heavy side of life is all about ^_^

xDSGx

I really dislike Children of Bodom. The instuments are amazing in their songs, but the singer just ruins it with the screaming.

Everything about CoB = :wub: :wub:

That's exactly how I think about Hammerfall.

Yeah, and the fact that power-metal is gay.

Tokyo Hotel. I hate them! My 12 years old sister loves them. :no:

Don't hurt my feelings :(

and a :fuckyou: to those who said Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day and Children of Bodom.

To list some bands:

Nirvana :D (it would be nice if they just "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and called it a quit :) )

and uh... I don't really hate any band, not even emo (maybe bullet for my valentine cus they sucked so bad warming up for GN'R)

I think it's funny how some people say "I can make a big list".

Why do you go around being mad at band you don't like? Just....don't listen to em.

Edited by Chris Axl

There are many good power metalbands. Helloween, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, etc...

Oh yeah, there are really some fantastically talented power-metal bands :), but there's no denying the constant steam of fighting dragons ontop of a snowy mountain top bullshit gets a little gay.

this dragonforce shit isnt power metal--dont mix that up

Yes they are. Doesn't change that they make (and are) extremely good, I just tire of power-metal easily.

So, someone please explain to me... why does it seem that all these "genres" are one band deep? Do bands these days go around declaring that they've invented a new genre? Name the band, write a song, find out that it sounds remotely different than the songs from the immitated band, declare a new genre?

'Cause where I come from, we have Zeppelin, AC/DC, Journey, Gn'R, Van Halen, Rolling Stones, etc., etc., etc., and while sometimes the differences are rather small, sometimes vast, it's all classic rock.

I don't understand why people get their panties in a bunch and split hairs so much with these new generation "genres."

Tokyo Hotel. I hate them! My 12 years old sister loves them. :no:

Don't hurt my feelings :(

and a :fuckyou: to those who said Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day and Children of Bodom.

To list some bands:

Nirvana :D (it would be nice if they just "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and called it a quit :) )

and uh... I don't really hate any band, not even emo (maybe bullet for my valentine cus they sucked so bad warming up for GN'R)

I think it's funny how some people say "I can make a big list".

Why do you go around being mad at band you don't like? Just....don't listen to em.

Chris, I used to ignore Nirvana too, but I suggest you listen to the Nirvana compilation album. I think it's pretty good. They wrote some other songs that were a ton better than "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

Fall Out Boy

My Chemical Romance

30 Seconds to Mars

Dave Matthews Band

David Bowie

Alice Cooper

Metallica

Marilyn Manson

Poison

Warrant

Motley Crue

All rap

All emo

All screamo

All screaming metal crap

All glam

Well Crue's later days I understand but other than you've got to be kidding me? :unsure: