Ratt

Europe

King Kobra

Vixen

You are breaking my heart! :(

:P

Yea, that's OK, it's already been well established that Lith has no taste

in music! :laugh:

In all seriousness, I say a lot of this so called Rap Music, (they really don't have band

names, they change intials every week) just preach about crime and killing people, and

making women and girls sound like dogs in heat.

Might be able to do without most of it(rap), I can't stand it, but I know a lot like it.

How many times can "Fuck" and "Bitch" be said in one song? The music is a joke....pathetic.

BTW, Lithium, you forgot Dokken, last time you included them on a thread like this,

have you seen the light?Do you like them now? They rock!

MCR- For being pretentious wankers...

Angels and Airwaves- For being self-righteous bastards...

Fall Out Boy- For being arrogant twats...

Panic! at the Disco- For being unoriginal fuckers...

To be honest you can chop and change the reasons for any of the abouve 4 bands they all seem to fit...

Whitesnake (hair metal era)

Poison

White Lion

Warrant

Great White

Ratt

Europe

King Kobra

Vixen

You are breaking my heart! :(

:P

Yea, that's OK, it's already been well established that Lith has no taste

in music! :laugh:

In all seriousness, I say a lot of this so called Rap Music, (they really don't have band

names, they change intials every week) just preach about crime and killing people, and

making women and girls sound like dogs in heat.

Might be able to do without most of it(rap), I can't stand it, but I know a lot like it.

How many times can "Fuck" and "Bitch" be said in one song? The music is a joke....pathetic.

BTW, Lithium, you forgot Dokken, last time you included them on a thread like this,

have you seen the light?Do you like them now? They rock!

Oh, I see - I dislike hair metal, so that automatically puts me in the "no taste/bad taste" bin. :rolleyes: At least there are some variety in my taste. ;)

How you describe rap musicians is actually quite equal to how everyone except you see the hair metal musicians: girls men with several layers of make-up on who writes songs with only three subjects - partying, fucking and, the main one, love, preferably in a really sappy way.

I might agree with you to an extent if you're talking about rap/hip-hop in the current mainstream, but the golden era of rap/hip-hop, that included Public Enemy, NWA, Biggie, Run-DMC, 2Pac, Grandmaster Flash and the rest of those guys, is pure genius musicianship. If you fail to see that, you are just very close-minded.

And how many times can the words "babe", "baby", "party" and "I love you" be said in one song? That genre is a joke... pathetic. ;)

No, I don't like Dokken, they suck. :)

Whitesnake (hair metal era)

Poison

White Lion

Warrant

Great White

Ratt

Europe

King Kobra

Vixen

Europe weren't that bad actually... Too much synths, and overproduced but otherwise not that bad. They made a couple of decent songs (NOT Final Countdown) and they're actually quite talanted. I saw them live (the rest of my family loves Europe :P ) and they put on a great show and the songs are a lot more rock when played live, at least nowadays - I don't know how they sounded back in the late 80's. And their albums since the reunion aren't even close to hair metal...

Ok I know it sounds like I love Europe but I don't... I just think they're a decent band :)

Agree with you on the rest though :D

freakin fall out boy,all american rejects and all that emo shit..... nobody needs that ..

if you think those groups and similars are emo then you dont have a clue about what emo music is, most people dont anyway

oh really??? then what the hell is emo anyway?? cuz all i see is depression, self-injury, and suicide... dont they wear tight jeans (guys and girls alike), long fringe (bangs) brushed to one side of the face or over one or both eyes, dyed black, straight hair, tight t-shirts ,studded belts, belt buckles, canvas sneakers or skate shoes or other black shoes (often old and beaten up) and thick, black horn-rimmed glasses???? cuz thats what i've seen and been taught by society.....

freakin fall out boy,all american rejects and all that emo shit..... nobody needs that ..

if you think those groups and similars are emo then you dont have a clue about what emo music is, most people dont anyway

oh really??? then what the hell is emo anyway?? cuz all i see is depression, self-injury, and suicide... dont they wear tight jeans (guys and girls alike), long fringe (bangs) brushed to one side of the face or over one or both eyes, dyed black, straight hair, tight t-shirts ,studded belts, belt buckles, canvas sneakers or skate shoes or other black shoes (often old and beaten up) and thick, black horn-rimmed glasses???? cuz thats what i've seen and been taught by society.....

I dont get what the difference is between goths and emos, looks wise anyway. Theres a club here called the amplifier bar, its shite now, but about 6/7 years ago it was a great place to go and after the bands had finished playin at midnight, they played britpop all night which i fukin loved at the time, all ud hear was oasis, blur, pulp, the stone roses etc and theyd also play shit like bowie, the smiths, the clash, the jam and bands like that, basically just good music. Anyway most of the kids that went there were goths, black hair, eye liner etc, every girl and guy looked the fukin same (which i think is hillarious coz arent they dressin like that to be different but when u get em all in the same place they all look identical lol), and me and my mates would look very out of place. Anyway last year at uni i heard this 18 year old girl goin on about this emo hang out called the amplifier bar and im like what? thats not an emo hang out i used to go there and i still do every now and again to watch bands and when i did go back there therer were a different bunch of kids there dressed like goths but now they were calling themselves emos, so like what the fuck is the difference between goths and emos? I think im just gettin a little old, to old to go to amps anyway, im out of touch with this emo stuff which is kind of a joke to me, especially when i here the music. But yeah can anyone tell me what the difference is between a goth and an emo?

I dont get what the difference is between goths and emos, looks wise anyway. Theres a club here called the amplifier bar, its shite now, but about 6/7 years ago it was a great place to go and after the bands had finished playin at midnight, they played britpop all night which i fukin loved at the time, all ud hear was oasis, blur, pulp, the stone roses etc and theyd also play shit like bowie, the smiths, the clash, the jam and bands like that, basically just good music. Anyway most of the kids that went there were goths, black hair, eye liner etc, every girl and guy looked the fukin same (which i think is hillarious coz arent they dressin like that to be different but when u get em all in the same place they all look identical lol), and me and my mates would look very out of place. Anyway last year at uni i heard this 18 year old girl goin on about this emo hang out called the amplifier bar and im like what? thats not an emo hang out i used to go there and i still do every now and again to watch bands and when i did go back there therer were a different bunch of kids there dressed like goths but now they were calling themselves emos, so like what the fuck is the difference between goths and emos? I think im just gettin a little old, to old to go to amps anyway, im out of touch with this emo stuff which is kind of a joke to me, especially when i here the music. But yeah can anyone tell me what the difference is between a goth and an emo?

from what i've been told,what i've read and seen:

Emo was originally a nickname for "emotive hardcore" (type of music), but has evolved into meaning "emotional" because it was misinterpreted, since fans of this music were ususally known for being a bunch of depressed-self-harming-teens with too much free time. It's all stereotypical. But this is what it's known for now. An emo person (like I said stereotypical) would be very depressed, hate the world, including themselves and probabl cry all the time. They've even stereotyped and emo style. Usually "emo" kids dress in skinny jeans, dark colors (but not all black), band tee shirts, and chucks. But, like I said about 5 or so times. IT'S ALL STEREOTYPICAL!!! And it did originally mean "emotive hardcore". (and if some one dresses like that it doesn't mean they're gonna go suicidal!)

The word "gothic" was originally used to descibe works of art that were "dark", which is the meaning, hence how it now descibes people we call "goth".

Gothic is now used as an adjective is ususally used to discribe people who wear all, or mostly black. They're usually gloomy. And people think that they do some sort of devil worship. They're sometimes depressed, but everyone can get depressed, so that doesn't really count. Gothic style is: (like I said) all or mostly black, heavy eyeliner, black or odd colored hair. This too can all be stereotypical. There's a goth style music too. It's like a form of rock. Sort of.

But like I said, through this whole thing. Most of this is stereotypical, especially all the "emo" stuff. It's kinda sad how things can get so stupidly out of hand.

from what i've been told,what i've read and seen:

Emo was originally a nickname for "emotive hardcore" (type of music), but has evolved into meaning "emotional" because it was misinterpreted, since fans of this music were ususally known for being a bunch of depressed-self-harming-teens with too much free time. It's all stereotypical. But this is what it's known for now. An emo person (like I said stereotypical) would be very depressed, hate the world, including themselves and probabl cry all the time. They've even stereotyped and emo style. Usually "emo" kids dress in skinny jeans, dark colors (but not all black), band tee shirts, and chucks. But, like I said about 5 or so times. IT'S ALL STEREOTYPICAL!!! And it did originally mean "emotive hardcore". (and if some one dresses like that it doesn't mean they're gonna go suicidal!)

The word "gothic" was originally used to descibe works of art that were "dark", which is the meaning, hence how it now descibes people we call "goth".

Gothic is now used as an adjective is ususally used to discribe people who wear all, or mostly black. They're usually gloomy. And people think that they do some sort of devil worship. They're sometimes depressed, but everyone can get depressed, so that doesn't really count. Gothic style is: (like I said) all or mostly black, heavy eyeliner, black or odd colored hair. This too can all be stereotypical. There's a goth style music too. It's like a form of rock. Sort of.

But like I said, through this whole thing. Most of this is stereotypical, especially all the "emo" stuff. It's kinda sad how things can get so stupidly out of hand.

Im way to fukin drunk to type a sensible reply, sensilble is that s[p;elkt right? anmyway, thanks for da reply.

that's a stereotype my friend not every single emo is a depressed, self-injurying and suicidal bastard and real emos actually hate groups like mcr, fob and crap like that most ''emos'' that listen to this groups are posers, some examples of real emo music is blessthefall, alesana, enter shikari, chiodos, i killed the prom queen, the devil wears prada, from first to last and drop dead gorgeous among others

that's a stereotype my friend not every single emo is a depressed, self-injurying and suicidal bastard and real emos actually hate groups like mcr, fob and crap like that most ''emos'' that listen to this groups are posers, some examples of real emo music is blessthefall, alesana, enter shikari, chiodos, i killed the prom queen, the devil wears prada, from first to last and drop dead gorgeous among others

I love some good PROPER, emo stuff.. Like those bands haha, MCR, FOB, etc are shite.

I Killed The Prom Queen and Drop Dead, Gorgeous are awesome live :heart:

What drugs are you on?

I just love that you say that, but still you have bands like Stratovarious, Cinderella, Manowar and Dragonforce in your profile.

That's band the world could manage without. In fact the world would have been a better place without those.

Edited by Raw Power