Keith Moon appriciation!!

DopeSickGirl

Well, we all know he was a mentalist and an excellent and excellent drummer ^_^

Share some stories you know about him and show how much you aoppriciate him!

..ffrankwhite says he'd like to have a nice gushing and long post about him. However his hand is preventing him from doing so hahaha. SO, I assure you if he could he would.

xDSGx

crazy interview

more moon lunacy :lol: (the bit where moon goes 'how long have you been happily married?' is a marginally cruel inside joke because russell harty the interviewer was gay which was frowned upon at the time, moonie nearly let the cat out the bag)

Edited by ffrankwhite

I love Moonie, my dad worked with him before he got famous (Keith Moon, not my dad - he wasn't famous). But anyway dad used to tell a story about moonie always winding all the guys in this factory up all the time, driving them mad. As he was leaving work one day my dad saw some commotion and all the guys had got a hold of keith and turfed him upside down into an outside bin. It wasn't long after that he left and the rest as they say is history. I also knew his sister and went to youth club with her when we were young. she was heaps younger than keith.

Keith Moon is a legend. One of the best rock drummers of all time.

The Who has never been quite the same without him, although I do happen to like Zak Starkey a lot as their drummer.

i dont think they're anything the same...never were, never could be. they pretty much stopped sounding like the who after. you just cannot do what moonie did for that band. what a wonderful band, 4 totally differene people/players all seemingly playing lead but instead of clashing and sounding like shit they seemed to weave in and out of each others layers of sound, blend and compliment, wait on each other, follow each other to create this totally inimitable sound and Moonie was the engine of it...the irregular hype heartbeat...they were truly fucking magical :)

The Who has never been quite the same without him, although I do happen to like Zak Starkey a lot as their drummer.

Yeah, and it didn't help when John passed away :(

Starsky has done and excellent job as The Who's drummer on tour. I finally got to see them this summer.

It was an experience I'd never be able to put words on.

Yeah, and it didn't help when John passed away :(

Starsky has done and excellent job as The Who's drummer on tour. I finally got to see them this summer.

It was an experience I'd never be able to put words on.

Yeah Zak was really great when I saw them in July too :) Awesome show

On topic: awesome drummer, one of the best ever...