100 Miles N' Runnin- N.W.A

Chris Axl

Guest banaszkiewicz
are you kidding me?...can we get sum mods to shut this shitty rap thread down?

whoa whoa whoa

were not getting into rap vs rock again

rap isnt shitty, lets leave it at that

I remember when Spoon87 and I would defend Hip-Hop from the haters on the forum, lol.

Anyway, I love hip-hop. Rap is a completely different thing. It all depends on your connotation of the words. To me, rap is the mainstream "106 and Park" stuff which might include artist such as Lil Jon, Soulja Boy, and whoever else there is. To sum it up, it's pretty much the guys (and gals) that make "dem club joints" and songs that ask you to partake in "supermaning dat hoe."

Hip Hop, on the other hand, is the conscious, thought out, elaborate, songs that aims at changing or bringing up an issue, one that may be personal or one that affects the masses. Artists (yes.. artists) such as Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Nas, Big Daddy Kane, A Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang, Pac, Big use rhetorical devices so well you'd think it's Herman Melville rapping.

To me, hip hop is for the intellect and rap is for the fool.

Edited by swlabr

Would GNR open for NWA? That would be like suicidal. Axl would have to go out in an armoured tank. Scratch that he'd be late, so late he wouldn't even have agreed to do the show, not be in the same country, be watching a basketball game, playing tetris and forgotten a band GNR even existed.