Iron Maiden 2008 Tour

gnrindia

Hope they add Infinite Dreams to the set list!

Other than that, fucking PERFECT.

Don't count on it, they hardly ever switch up the setlist after the 2nd or 3rd show. If anything, they'd probably cut Moonchild. That one is probably a real strain on Bruce's voice.

I really fucking hope they cut FOTD. Shit even if they replaced it with something before Powerslave like Flight O Icarus, it'd be better than hearing FOTD again. Honestly, they could cut it from the set and play 15 songs and it would still be better than having it in.

I agree.

I'd rather hear something from SIT or POM

Edited by Chris Axl

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powerage5, where did you hear that they might be adding more North American tour dates?

It was in the original tour announcement in September. There are 3 legs of the tour. The first leg is all over the world, the second leg is North America, and the third leg is Europe.

Fear Of The Dark rules though, such an awesome song.

Yea, it's a good song, but it doesn't belong on this tour. This tour is supposed to be only albums Iron Maiden through Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. It's a waste of a song this time around, we could have had something so much better, like Stranger In A Strange Land or Infinite Dreams.

Edited by Powerage5

Powerage5, where did you hear that they might be adding more North American tour dates?

It was in the original tour announcement in September. There are 3 legs of the tour. The first leg is all over the world, the second leg is North America, and the third leg is Europe.

Wait, so in the third leg is there a possibility there could be further shows in the UK?

I really hope so, want to see them badly and there are only crappy tickets left for Twickenham. :(

Wait, so in the third leg is there a possibility there could be further shows in the UK?

I really hope so, want to see them badly and there are only crappy tickets left for Twickenham. :(

Don't quote me on this as I haven't been paying too close attention to the European gigs (I've been too busy waiting for US dates!), but I believe they said that Twickenham is the only UK date in '08.

1 month and 13 days til Toronto! rock3

Edited by Powerage5

Fear Of The Dark rules though, such an awesome song.

Yea, it's a good song, but it doesn't belong on this tour. This tour is supposed to be only albums Iron Maiden through Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. It's a waste of a song this time around, we could have had something so much better, like Stranger In A Strange Land or Infinite Dreams.

either of those songs would be kinda ok... nice if it was there but no hearbreak if it wasn't.

I'm getting MAJORLY into Maiden now, they could well be my current favourite. Well, until uncle Axl gets his finger out... ;)

Ah yeah! Me too.

After GN'R they are my fav.... Every album is so damn strong.

Deffintiely my favorite band. They're without a doubt the best live band ever. GN'R is second to Maiden and it's not even a close competition.

I agree about every album being so good, except The X Feactor and Virtual XI. X Factor had some great songs, but Blaze was a shit singer, and Virtual XI just plain sucked.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
I'm getting MAJORLY into Maiden now, they could well be my current favourite. Well, until uncle Axl gets his finger out... ;)

Ah yeah! Me too.

No.

Thinking about how many albums they've done there are pretty many of them which are pretty weak. But I wont deny that I like a few albums they've done. The 4 first (I think. Haven't heard them in one year), Fear of the dark and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son are pretty good, but most others just have one or two good songs.

Ah yeah! Me too.

No.

Thinking about how many albums they've done there are pretty many of them which are pretty weak. But I wont deny that I like a few albums they've done. The 4 first (I think. Haven't heard them in one year), Fear of the dark and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son are pretty good, but most others just have one or two good songs.

You should check out Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and A Matter Of Life And Death, all in the same vein as the ones you named

You should check out Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and A Matter Of Life And Death, all in the same vein as the ones you named

That's my current favourite. Great way to change their sound. rock4

Yea, I think that's my favorite next to Powerslave. I often wonder what they would be like if they had continued down that road, adding synths and such.

Would rather watch paint dry.

In fact, I'd rather watch it get dry AND peal several years later.

Your words have stuck in my head for the last few days, and I severely disagree. Maiden are quality, they really are.

His post doesn't deserve anyone's attention anyway, dude. :sleeper:

Does anyone else just grow tired of the whole mythical creatures and stories shit? I know that's not really what it is, but it all gets really lame for me, I love Maiden really, but I'm so tired of them.

Not really because of the mythical creatures or anything like that, but sometimes their songs sound the same after awhile if you've been listening to them for a long period of time.

I'm going to Maiden tonight, cannot wait!!

These are some pics from Maiden arriving at Melbourne Airport.

My family friends managed to get a few snaps!

ftp://iron:maiden@ftp.wratten-empire.com/

They are well worth it my friends :)

duff21

I'll have a look at the pics

Maiden rocked rod laver on Wednesday I am glad I went

They put on a awesome show and bruce is amazing.

I'm going to Maiden tonight, cannot wait!!

These are some pics from Maiden arriving at Melbourne Airport.

My family friends managed to get a few snaps!

ftp://iron:maiden@ftp.wratten-empire.com/

They are well worth it my friends :)

duff21

I'll have a look at the pics

Maiden rocked rod laver on Wednesday I am glad I went

They put on a awesome show and bruce is amazing.

I just came back and it was amazing. Iron Maiden are truly legends and put on a kickass live show.

Bruce works the crowd so well and still has his voice :)

4.5/5

duff21

Edited by duff_mckagan21