Wolfmother

oneAXLinamillion

They suck now. Its just Andrew Stockdale and whoever he wants in his band now and unlike Guns they have crsp songs.

I have to disagree. Cosmic Egg was AWESOME. Not as good as the first album but close. The new band plays the songs even better live and if you heard their new song live, you can see it's up to par with old material.

• 2 years later...

I don't really like them too much, but as 70's hard rock is probably my favourite style of music (when it is) they get two thumbs up from me.

I'm more likely to just listen to Uriah Heep or something though, Wolfmother is a bit derivative for my tastes.

I'll listen to the finished product when it's released. I have completely ignored Stockdale's solo album, any good?

It has some really good standouts like Long Way To Go, Keep Moving, Ghetto, Meridian, Black Swan and Everyday Drone but some pretty obvious fillers.

Was just listening to Cosmic Egg. What an album. That's like.... Sabbath on steroids. Really. I love this band so much.

Agreed, probably one of my favorite albums of all time, the self titled is amazing too.

Both Wolfmother and Cosmic Egg are flawless, IMO. The more I listen to those albums, the more I appreciate them. I'm glad Keep Moving was released as a Andrew solo record as, not only does it sound different, without the sabbathesque feeling of the previous two, but it is kind of a drop of quality. It's got some amazing songs but some really stale ones too. Lots of filler. And as for WM3, it's awesome. My only complaint is if the low-fi mix that leaked is the final version. I know it fits the style of the album but WM and CE both sounded so perfect, I wish I had more of that. But as for the songs per se, they're all awesome. Only one I didn't love is She Got It. Heavyweight, Tall Ships, How Many Times and New Crown are AMAZING.

Ohh c'mon dude... It's so good! :D

You know what, I don't hate this band. But I just can't stand their music.

They're one of those bands where I listen to them and think 'I should enjoy this, it's right up my alley' but for some reason I just can't.

Maybe I just can't find anything special about them compared to other modern blues rock bands that I enjoy.

Ohh c'mon dude... It's so good! :D

You know what, I don't hate this band. But I just can't stand their music.

They're one of those bands where I listen to them and think 'I should enjoy this, it's right up my alley' but for some reason I just can't.

Maybe I just can't find anything special about them compared to other modern blues rock bands that I enjoy.

Have you listened to the full Cosmic Egg and WM albums? I mean, outside of the single margin (Woman, J&TT, Love Train, New Moon Rising, etc)... 'cause they're AWESOME. Try Sundial, 10,000 Feet, Colossal, Cosmonaut, In The Morning, Where Eagles Have Been, etc...

Was just listening to Cosmic Egg. What an album. That's like.... Sabbath on steroids. Really. I love this band so much.

Agreed, probably one of my favorite albums of all time, the self titled is amazing too.

Both Wolfmother and Cosmic Egg are flawless, IMO. The more I listen to those albums, the more I appreciate them. I'm glad Keep Moving was released as a Andrew solo record as, not only does it sound different, without the sabbathesque feeling of the previous two, but it is kind of a drop of quality. It's got some amazing songs but some really stale ones too. Lots of filler. And as for WM3, it's awesome. My only complaint is if the low-fi mix that leaked is the final version. I know it fits the style of the album but WM and CE both sounded so perfect, I wish I had more of that. But as for the songs per se, they're all awesome. Only one I didn't love is She Got It. Heavyweight, Tall Ships, How Many Times and New Crown are AMAZING.

in hindsight, i wish andy wouldve saved the heavier songs from keep moving like year of the dragon, meridian & ghetto for this record, they would fit in great.

in hindsight, i wish andy wouldve saved the heavier songs from keep moving like year of the dragon, meridian & ghetto for this record, they would fit in great.

They really would. Especially Ghetto.