Hip-Hop Appreciation Thread

swlabr

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I just heard a Eminemsong that I liked (which makes it two in total).

This song was called Marsall Mather (or if it was 'Matter', I'm not sure...)

The other song I liked was the one he have on the red cd, where he sings for his daughter. I don't remember the name, but I really liked that one. Have just heard it two times though.

EDIT: After some checks on wikipedia I know it's called Hailie's Song and the CD is called The Eminem Show. The other song was Marsall Mathers.

Have he done any simulare songs to them?

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard a Eminemsong that I liked (which makes it two in total).

This song was called Marsall Mather (or if it was 'Matter', I'm not sure...)

The other song I liked was the one he have on the red cd, where he sings for his daughter. I don't remember the name, but I really liked that one. Have just heard it two times though.

EDIT: After some checks on wikipedia I know it's called Hailie's Song and the CD is called The Eminem Show. The other song was Marsall Mathers.

Have he done any simulare songs to them?

One I've been listening to a lot lately is "When I'm Gone"

I really like White America, You Don't Know, Just Lose It, My Name Is, The Way I Am, Kim, Lose Yourself and I could list a ton more.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Ok. I'll check them out. I'm actually downloading his discografy to see if there are more songs I like.

I've heard Kim and I can't understand how anyone can like that. He is just screaming through the whole "song" to his wife or whatever it shall be he isimitating with those other screams he does where he tries to sound scared or whatever.

Now when you mention it, I think I liked that song Lose Yourself a little for some years ago. Wasn't that the one on the movie he did? Besides from that song, WORST MOVIE EVER! Don't even remember what it was called.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I just heard the song Rock Bottom by Eminem, and I love the backgroundmusic. The chorus is pretty catchy (Is it a word? I couldn't think of anything better to write. :lol:) too.

EDIT: I've heard three other songs I like now. Bad Meets Evil, Guilty Conscience and As The World Turns.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Ok. I'll check them out. I'm actually downloading his discografy to see if there are more songs I like.

I've heard Kim and I can't understand how anyone can like that. He is just screaming through the whole "song" to his wife or whatever it shall be he isimitating with those other screams he does where he tries to sound scared or whatever.

:lol: Um, yeah.... that song isn't for everybody. He puts the most raw emotions into his music I've ever heard (besides Axl). IMO, he's the "Axl Rose" of rap.

Now when you mention it, I think I liked that song Lose Yourself a little for some years ago. Wasn't that the one on the movie he did? Besides from that song, WORST MOVIE EVER! Don't even remember what it was called.

I haven't even seen the movie, but I haven't heard many good things about it. Lose Yourself is an awesome song though.

IMO, he's the "Axl Rose" of rap.

I've thought that before.

I don't listen to much rap though, much to my own downfall. White America reminds me of Dont Damn Me in alot of respects.

We had to do Lose Yourself for House Music at school. Cool song. Boring as fuck to play on guitar though.

I'll give some of those people have recommended a listen.

Edited by JAC185

I just heard the song Rock Bottom by Eminem, and I love the backgroundmusic. The chorus is pretty catchy (Is it a word? I couldn't think of anything better to write. :lol:) too.

EDIT: I've heard three other songs I like now. Bad Meets Evil, Guilty Conscience and As The World Turns.

rock3 I got hooked on him right away. :wub:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I've listened to White America now and that one is pretty good. Sing for the moment is great too. Especially the Dream On part of it. (:P)

EDIT: Just 2 hours ago (probably not even that) I thought Eminem was shit and that Hailies Song was the only good song he had done. Now there are almost enough songs I like for a new album. :D

EDIT 2: I like Buisness and Say Goodbye To Hollywood too.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I've listened to White America now and that one is pretty good. Sing for the moment is great too. Especially the Dream On part of it (:P)

One of my favs (White America). Sing For the Moment (Dream On) is great too. He can perform a "lyrical assault" and leave you wondering wtf hit you. :lol:

Edited by AxlsAngel

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, I actually enjoy the lyrics. I've always had those prejudices about that every Eminem song was about doing drugs and kill people, but some of the lyrics are actually funny. :)

In general I have to say that I think the songs where there are another person rapping isn't as good as the ones he is solo on. Well, Guilty Conscience was another person on it, but I didn't dislike that voice. This may sound a bit racist, but I think that most of the black people which rap sounds so stupid somehow. They sound pretty much the same all of them (Prejudices again, I know, but that's how my picture of it is). Dark deep voices which have some strange accent which I can't describe. Well, you probably understand what I mean anyways. I don't like the sound of those voices anyways.

EDIT: I like the song When The Music Stops too. It sounds like there are about 3 or 4 other people on it too.

EDIT II: I like Soldier, Squar Dance, 'Till I Collapse, Say What You Say and Superman too.

EDIT III: I like Who Knew and Stan too. And Run Rabbit, 8 Mile and The Way I am.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, I actually enjoy the lyrics. I've always had those prejudices about that every Eminem song was about doing drugs and kill people, but some of the lyrics are actually funny. :)

In general I have to say that I think the songs where there are another person rapping isn't as good as the ones he is solo on. Well, Guilty Conscience was another person on it, but I didn't dislike that voice. This may sound a bit racist, but I think that most of the black people which rap sounds so stupid somehow. They sound pretty much the same all of them (Prejudices again, I know, but that's how my picture of it is). Dark deep voices which have some strange accent which I can't describe. Well, you probably understand what I mean anyways. I don't like the sound of those voices anyways.

EDIT: I like the song When The Music Stops too. It sounds like there are about 3 or 4 other people on it too.

EDIT II: I like Soldier, Squar Dance, 'Till I Collapse, Say What You Say and Superman too.

EDIT III: I like Who Knew and Stan too. And Run Rabbit, 8 Mile and The Way I am.

:rofl-lol: It's ALL good. Yes, some are very funny. Superman & 8 Mile are a couple of my favs too.

An ex of mine (my daughter's father) grew up on 8 Mile (Warren area) in Detroit. His son still lives there and knows some of Eminem's family.

Edited by AxlsAngel

Anyone know when Nas' Nigg*r comes out? I heard it was delayed. Good rap/hip-hop? Check out either Dalek or Saul Williams.

Heard Niggy Tardust yet?

The song that made me get into him was 'Black Stacey' which I came across on MTV2 one night.

My favorite hiphop artist is without a doubt OutKast. I love everything they do, from Southernplayalistic to Idlewild.

Then would be Nas, really dig his lyrics, style and beats.

I also like

DMX

Eminem

The Roots

LoopTroop

Promoe

Snoop Dogg

2Pac

And then there's Kanye West. I hate his rapping style usually, but he's a hell of a producer. I don't know if I like him or not, I definitely like his beats.

There's also a list of MC's that I dig, but whose material I don't really like. Like Warren G, Raekwon, Lil' Wayne...

My favorite track right now would be Kanye West - I Wonder.

:rofl-lol: It's ALL good. Yes, some are very funny. Superman & 8 Mile are a couple of my favs too.

An ex of mine (my daughter's father) grew up on 8 Mile (Warren area) in Detroit. His son still lives there and knows some of Eminem's family.

shit, really??? :shocked::shocked::shocked: i like every single thing eminem has done, im a total eminem geek, i have all his demos and early shit and his underground shit and just about everything he never released and a lot that he didn't/hasn't. i think people who look to this generation asking how the great artist/icon of it is need look no further than this man. make no mistake about it, on the mic he is imperial.

shit, really??? :shocked::shocked::shocked: i like every single thing eminem has done, im a total eminem geek, i have all his demos and early shit and his underground shit and just about everything he never released and a lot that he didn't/hasn't. i think people who look to this generation asking how the great artist/icon of it is need look no further than this man. make no mistake about it, on the mic he is imperial.

Yep B)

I totally agree with that. He's Da Man. I remember the first time I heard him, I was blown away. He's a lyrical genius is far as I'm concerned.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Where the fuck did I get that from then...? I'm sure I've read it somewhere. Maybe it was some other musician? :unsure:

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Where the fuck did I get that from then...? I'm sure I've read it somewhere. Maybe it was some other musician? :unsure:

theres a scene in his movie 8 mile where he's like in a bathroom jumpin up and down looking like he's thrownin punches steeling himself for a battle (in the rap sense) possibly you misconstrued that?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

EDIT: I have no idea frank. I've never been very interested in Eminem before 2 days ago. :lol:

Another question I've got is what the short tracks where there only are one or two people talking, and have a "(Skit)" behind them are?

A little messy there, but well... Who is Paul, Ken Keniff and Steve Berman?

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

EDIT: I have no idea frank. I've never been very interested in Eminem before 2 days ago. :lol:

Another question I've got is what the short tracks where there only are one or two people talking, and have a "(Skit)" behind them are?

A little messy there, but well... Who is Paul, Ken Keniff and Steve Berman?

Paul is Em's managerr, its just a joke, answering machine messages telling him to tone shit down :lol: Ken Kaniff is a perverted prank call character that Eminem plays when he puts on a certain voice. look for him in the song Still Crazy featuring the Madd Rapper, Criminal and on skits fromelsewhere first 3 albums. Steve Berman is the same thing really as Paul, just a person who works for Interscope Records who leaves messages or has meetings with Em in these skits flipping at Em because his music is too fucked up to be marketable. Ken Kaniff is the funniest i think, purposely crude nasty and disgusting :lol:

Edited by ffrankwhite

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

He sure sounds disgusting. :lol:

EDIT: Now I'll go and watch a cartoon with Eminem caled "The Slim Shady Show" that a friend gave me in Christmas present (as a joke from the beginning, but hey, maybe it's good).

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt