Proof of Bach's ass sucking to Axl

kannon21

He's basically saying that it's a ridiculous for a band to go around calling itself the same name without the lead singer - in this case, Baz.

Too bad he didn't word it that way though,he doesn't mention anything about the "singer".

quote:"When you see the band Skid Row now, there are only 2 out of the 5 original members left in the band.So at what point does it become ridiculous? I mean 2 out of 5 guys?? At what point do you say, "What the fuck?"

He's basically saying that it's a ridiculous for a band to go around calling itself the same name without the lead singer - in this case, Baz.

Too bad he didn't word it that way though,he doesn't mention anything about the "singer".

quote:"When you see the band Skid Row now, there are only 2 out of the 5 original members left in the band.So at what point does it become ridiculous? I mean 2 out of 5 guys?? At what point do you say, "What the fuck?"

Baz is kinda a hypocrite, imo.

Sebastian has been claiming that Snake isn't in the band for like 2 years now. Truth is, Snake is still in the band but when his carpel tunnel and arthritis flares up someone else takes his spot, last time it was Jeff Labar from Cinderella.

This also isn't the first time he's bashed the guys from Skid Row for continuing on without him. When Skid Row first came back Baz's comment was " Skid Row didn't get a new singer, Ozone Monday got a new name". Then there was an interview last year when he went on the 2 out of 5 guys rant, and in the same interview praised Axl for continuing GnR.

I don't think Baz is contradicting himself at all. I don't see the big deal here. He's basically saying that it's a ridiculous for a band to go around calling itself the same name without the lead singer - in this case, Baz. It would be equivalent to Slash and Duff calling themselves GNR without GNR's lead singer. In Axl's case - he is the lead singer of the original GNR - and, like it or not - and admit it or not - the large majority of people associate the lead singer with the band. They just do.

yeah, I do agree with that.

Edited by Mikejones

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Hehehe, that was actually pretty ironic. :lol:

By the way, isn't Bach friend with the others in GN'R? (I mean the real Guns... The one that released things.)

If he is, how can he look them into the eyes after that he have praised the new GN'R so much?

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I don't think Baz is contradicting himself at all. I don't see the big deal here. He's basically saying that it's a ridiculous for a band to go around calling itself the same name without the lead singer - in this case, Baz. It would be equivalent to Slash and Duff calling themselves GNR without GNR's lead singer. In Axl's case - he is the lead singer of the original GNR - and, like it or not - and admit it or not - the large majority of people associate the lead singer with the band. They just do.

Thank you, exactly what I said.

Skid Row, ultimately - will be mostly remembered for Baz.

Bach is such a primadona. In this article he complains he doesnt get paid for the Skid Row songs and gets upset becuse even though he diddn't write them he put emotion into the lyrics. :rofl-lol:

Bach Interview

Is this the most songwriting you’ve done in your career? A while back I remember reading that you entered Skid Row when most of the songs were already written.

Those guys went out of their way to say that every single chance they got, which is such bullshit. I wrote most of the songs on Slave To The Grind, which to most Skid Row fans is even better than the first Skid Row album. I was 19 years old coming into that band, and I didn’t realize that I re-wrote a lead vocal melody. I did re-write every single one they ever wrote. When I go off into a scream like at the end of “18 And Life” or the end of “I Remember You” and all that – nobody fucking writes that but me. “Lived 9 to 5 and worked his fingers to the bone,” nobody writes those notes but me. That’s actually part of the melody. I didn’t give a shit about that back then. I was 19, drinking a lot, doing a lot of drugs, and I didn’t really care about that kind of stuff.

It makes me mad when Carrie Underwood covers “I Remember You,” which is totally amazing and she does a great job, but what she really goes for are the screams that I wrote. If she puts that out on a record, technically I get nothing for that.

Getting pissy because they don't give residuals for a way you sing a song? Gimmie a break.

I can actually understand where he's coming from here. If he did change the vocal melody, that means he did in fact contribute to the writing of the song.

Thank you, exactly what I said.

Skid Row, ultimately - will be mostly remembered for Baz.

I suppose pretty much like McDonald's will always be remembered for Ronald McDonald.

Even though the clown has never made a cheeseburger in his life...

Yep, he's taking a pure numbers angle here...and not playing the Frontman Card. And he's right--at some point with that much turnover a brand is left as not much more than a hollow name, especially with a rock band where the original members are so identifiable as in GNR. Sure the frontmen usually are a big part of the band's identity, but VH and AC/DC proved that if you keep the remaining nucleus together it's possible to carry on and succeed.

We all know Izzy was an absolutely critical component in the original band's success, but for the mass public GNR was very much a 2 headed beast with Axl-Slash. Much like Mick-Keith and Steven-Joe, except I'd argue that Slash was even much more identifiable to the public and took the lead guitarist's exposure to a whole new level. To this day, do you really think more people think "Axl" than "Slash" when remembering the old band? No way, it's a very even thing and it's proven by what an icon Slash still is today. It was Ying and Yang, baby.

But Bach is right, Skid Row still touring is a joke. And as said before, Bach never calls New GNR the real GNR. Give him credit for that...

Edited by Turn_It_Up