Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched The Doors movie, I liked it. I'm propably going to watch A Clockwork Orange later tonight. I don't usually watch a lot of movies but lately I've gotten more interested of them..

Edited by Wando

Save threads for every movie that comes out as movie threads are quite popular.

I just watched The chase (1994) an awesome film. Has anyone seen this film? and what do you think of it?

This is one of those movies that seems to be on 'all the time'. I've seen the majority of the movie many times, but not the ending. How does it end? Does Chuck Sheen get away with the girl?

I need spoilers.

I just saw "Muriels Wedding" today. My first impression was Toni Collette, damn did she gain some weight for this film or what? Anyway, I liked the movie and I'm a sucker for "ABBA"!

I just watched The Doors movie, I liked it. I'm propably going to watch A Clockwork Orange later tonight. I don't usually watch a lot of movies but lately I've gotten more interested of them..

A Clockwork Orange is really good movie. I definately recommend watching it if you have the opportunity.

A Clockwork Orange is really good movie. I definately recommend watching it if you have the opportunity.

It's fantastic. I've lost my DVD of it, I'll have to get a new one.

I'm in a 'dark animated film' mood today, haha. I just watched Watership Down, which I haven't seen in years, and now I'm in the middle of Felidae right now.

Save threads for every movie that comes out as movie threads are quite popular.

I just watched The chase (1994) an awesome film. Has anyone seen this film? and what do you think of it?

This is one of those movies that seems to be on 'all the time'. I've seen the majority of the movie many times, but not the ending. How does it end? Does Chuck Sheen get away with the girl?

I need spoilers.

I just saw "Muriels Wedding" today. My first impression was Toni Collette, damn did she gain some weight for this film or what? Anyway, I liked the movie and I'm a sucker for "ABBA"!

i seen the film once in 95 and then today.

(Jack and the woman aggree to go to mexico and be fugatives together [just setting the scene]) They (the police) block the border, Jack goes around and ends up being cornered. The woman gets out and Jack stays in the car. You then see Jack get out the car with a lit fag, he goes to move his arm behind his back and gets shot. You then find out that was a hallucination and he gets out. The cops arrest him and make fun of him at which point the woman takes the one reporter hostage, and demands that Jack be let go. The police let him go, she then shoots one of the 2 choppers blowing it up. Her and Jack then get in the other chopper and escape.

Yes very good film. I havn't seen it in years, I keep meaning to get the DVD but havn't got around to it yet. Maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday.

i used to really love movies but its really dying at the moment, cinema in general i mean. i REALLY...like and appreciate its powers and possibilities as a medium but they're not being exercised (at least not in the mainstream). at the moment im going through a Steve McQueen revivial, revisting old flicks like Nevada Smith, Bullitt and Cincinnati Kid (in that order) so those are like the last 3 movies i saw. anyone seen em? :)

Don't see the amazingness of it or haven't seen it?

Dude, seriously, use more fucking grammar.

sorry, dont see the amazingness. its just...i dunno, certainly not "one of the most powerful pieces of cinema i've ever seen" far from it. theres almost no artists left in the mainstream medium.

Edited by ffrankwhite

the simplest threads are the best.

too many to mention. fear and lothing in las vegas is fuckin ace. generally i prefer older films before CGI came and ruined everything. but I think Pirates of the Caribbean is fantastic, just pure fun.

layer cake kicks ass as it is more realistic that Guy Richies stuff etc. but the classics will always be there - ghostbusters, indiana jones, alien, back to the future, the burbs, full monty, die hard, smokey and the bandit, dragnet, terminators, bourne identity/supremecy/ultimatum, crow, memento,28 days later.

loads of stuff.

I just bought these:

Matrix Trilogy

Back to the Future Trilogy

Rocky Balboa

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Clerks II

:shades:

First Matrix was good and that's pushing it.

Back To The Future the first one was a classic.

The two in bold in are great.

Going by your avatar I see you're a Kubrick fan have you seen any of his other movies?

The last movie I watched with The Boondocks Saints classic movie.