Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Cox, no word on my man Alex Cox in this thread either...Sid and Nancy, Repo Man, Straight to Hell???

no Abel Ferrara either, Driller Killer, Ms 45, Bad Lieutenant, King of New York, The Funeral...im suprised if people on here at least aint seen Driller Killer and Bad Lieutenant *makes jerking off face* mmmm, mmmm, show me how you suck a guy cock....mmmmm, mmmm EWWWWWWW Harv'!!! put it away!!!!!! :rofl-lol:

oh and the Warhol/Morrisey trilogy Trash, Heat, Flesh?

Edited by ffrankwhite

Alex Cox, no word on my man Alex Cox in this thread either...Sid and Nancy, Repo Man, Straight to Hell???

no Abel Ferrara either, Driller Killer, Ms 45, Bad Lieutenant, King of New York, The Funeral...im suprised if people on here at least aint seen Driller Killer and Bad Lieutenant *makes jerking off face* mmmm, mmmm, show me how you suck a guy cock....mmmmm, mmmm EWWWWWWW Harv'!!! put it away!!!!!! :rofl-lol:

oh and the Warhol/Morrisey trilogy Trash, Heat, Flesh?

Bad Lieutenant is great. Even if it does make you feel slightly dirty after watching it. Good job Harv.

Edited by ADPT

Everyone who recommended Juno was right; it's a wonderful little movie, and it actually managed to make me feel really, really giddy. I've only watched her in four movies altogether, but I still think I can safely say Ellen Page is turning into one of the finest young actresses around.

so for the second time only in 5 or so years, i watch the way of the gun.

it was weird. this movie was a sort of watershed movie for me. i've watched better, greater movies before but when i saw this for the first time ever it was a mindfuck. i think it was when i started seeing film as art rather than just an excuse to kill time. i'm probably mistaken. it's not that great of a movie (on second viewing) but for some reason the way of the gun sticks in my head like no other.

everything about it, it's impefection included just gets me.

there's this one scene, where the two kidnappers and their hostage are sitting in this room playing hearts and what's said in explaining the game to the hostage is just...gold. i just love how it evolves into a metaphor of the situation.

can't find the scene on youtube but here's the script.

i'd prefer if you haven't already to watch it. otherwise:

What are we playing?

Hearts.

How do you play?

Well, the object of hearts is to play the safest game possible

and finish with the least amount of points.

A heart is the only thing of value. If you have one, get rid of it.

Start with the two of clubs.

You'll need to throw down a club.

If you don't have one, then you can throw a heart.

You can't lead with a heart unless you have nothing else to throw.

Or if someone breaks the suit. You follow?

Couple of rounds, and she'll get it.

See, now, you had the high card, so you take the trick.

Now you lead.

First trick always takes the odd card.

Shit.

You got the bitch. She's thirteen points.

Fuck the bitch. Just get rid of your hearts.

Or shoot the moon. You get all the hearts and the queen of spades.

- Everyone else loses. - Next to impossible.

If somebody figures out what you're up to, they can sacrifice.

And then you lose.

Is that so?

Yep.

:cry::wub:

i've been in love with del toro ever since.

so for the second time only in 5 or so years, i watch the way of the gun.

it was weird. this movie was a sort of watershed movie for me. i've watched better, greater movies before but when i saw this for the first time ever it was a mindfuck. i think it was when i started seeing film as art rather than just an excuse to kill time. i'm probably mistaken. it's not that great of a movie (on second viewing) but for some reason the way of the gun sticks in my head like no other.

everything about it, it's impefection included just gets me.

there's this one scene, where the two kidnappers and their hostage are sitting in this room playing hearts and what's said in explaining the game to the hostage is just...gold. i just love how it evolves into a metaphor of the situation.

can't find the scene on youtube but here's the script.

i'd prefer if you haven't already to watch it. otherwise:

What are we playing?

Hearts.

How do you play?

Well, the object of hearts is to play the safest game possible

and finish with the least amount of points.

A heart is the only thing of value. If you have one, get rid of it.

Start with the two of clubs.

You'll need to throw down a club.

If you don't have one, then you can throw a heart.

You can't lead with a heart unless you have nothing else to throw.

Or if someone breaks the suit. You follow?

Couple of rounds, and she'll get it.

See, now, you had the high card, so you take the trick.

Now you lead.

First trick always takes the odd card.

Shit.

You got the bitch. She's thirteen points.

Fuck the bitch. Just get rid of your hearts.

Or shoot the moon. You get all the hearts and the queen of spades.

- Everyone else loses. - Next to impossible.

If somebody figures out what you're up to, they can sacrifice.

And then you lose.

Is that so?

Yep.

:cry::wub:

i've been in love with del toro ever since.

I've only seen it twice. You're right, there's something about it. It's got a mean streak. Ryan Phillipe punching that girl at the beginning (good for him) and when he dives in the well at the end onto broken glass. Never usually see that happen.

I'm watching the 2003 remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Seems good enough to keep me entertained for 90 minutes, but not nearly as good as the original.

It was laughably bad. Terrible remake.

I've been watching lots of movies over the past week, both at home and at the cinema... Juno and No Country For Old Men were my two picks, loved them both. The ending of NCFOM really threw me off, but I thought it was excellent. I hated Walk Hard. I can't understand why the critics rated it so well, because I don't think I laughed once.

Watched some old movies for the hell of it.. Rambo: First Blood Part II, Training Day (which was better than I was expecting), Superbad, The Italian Job (was on TV the other night), Full Metal Jacket ( :wub: ), Scarface ( :wub: :wub: ) and Ray.

Juno and No Country For Old Men were my two picks, loved them both. The ending of NCFOM really threw me off, but I thought it was excellent.

Finally saw No Country a few days ago - nice to see the Coens returning to their roots after their recent comedies were so awful (I still can't believe Intolerable Cruelty was made by these guys). People have complained about the ending but it kept me thinking, which is what a great film should do. It would have been worse if they tried to provide closure to that story.

Juno was quite good, though a bit too sitcom-y at times for my taste. A little bit "cutesy" and too smug for its own good, but overall I really liked it.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Juno and No Country For Old Men were my two picks, loved them both. The ending of NCFOM really threw me off, but I thought it was excellent.

Finally saw No Country a few days ago - nice to see the Coens returning to their roots after their recent comedies were so awful (I still can't believe Intolerable Cruelty was made by these guys). People have complained about the ending but it kept me thinking, which is what a great film should do. It would have been worse if they tried to provide closure to that story.

Kept me thinking for a couple hours afterwards as well which I really liked. I thought the suspense maintained throughout the film was brilliant. The desert can really provide an amazing backdrop for a story.

there will be blood = simply amazing, just saw the masterpiece. PTA just knows how to do a great movie

I've been excited for this for well over a year, since it was first announced. I'm a big PTA fan. Just from reading the brief plot summary over a year ago I had a feeling it was going to be his masterpiece - the setting, the story, everything about it sounded epic. It just opened locally in theaters today and I'll probably be going to see it Monday; I can't wait.

there will be blood = simply amazing, just saw the masterpiece. PTA just knows how to do a great movie

I've been excited for this for well over a year, since it was first announced. I'm a big PTA fan. Just from reading the brief plot summary over a year ago I had a feeling it was going to be his masterpiece - the setting, the story, everything about it sounded epic. It just opened locally in theaters today and I'll probably be going to see it Monday; I can't wait.

It's really great. One word I can describe for it is focused, the whole film is delivered sharply and precisely. Many moments with the accompanying strange musical cues made me think I was watching a Kubrick film. PTA is bold as always.

It's really great. One word I can describe for it is focused, the whole film is delivered sharply and precisely. Many moments with the accompanying strange musical cues made me think I was watching a Kubrick film. PTA is bold as always.

exatcly, the music iself is like a character on its own, ER your in for a hell of a movie.