Film Thread

ssiscool

I saw Cable Guy last night.

My God, Jim Carrey is annoying.

That's one of his best films because he doesn't use his annoying "let's shout a line while putting on a funny voice" comedy.

I still think he is way out there with his annoying behavior, and I much more prefer Truman Show and Bruce Almighty where you see fairly little to it.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one of his best films because he doesn't use his annoying "let's shout a line while putting on a funny voice" comedy.

I still think he is way out there with his annoying behavior, and I much more prefer Truman Show and Bruce Almighty where you see fairly little to it.

I never "got" The Truman show as a comedy.

Bruce Almighty had it's moments (back to the studio......FUCKERS!) but suffered from Carrey's overacting. When he taunts God "SMITE ME OH SMITEFULONE!" is an example of Carrey's overacted shouting lines with funny voices.

Bruce Almighty had it's moments (back to the studio......FUCKERS!) but suffered from Carrey's overacting. When he taunts God "SMITE ME OH SMITEFULONE!" is an example of Carrey's overacted shouting lines with funny voices.

Man On the Moon do anything for you? Easily my favourite Carrey film

Man On the Moon do anything for you? Easily my favourite Carrey film

To be totally fair he wasnt playing his eccentric clown in that movie, he was playing Andy Kaufman.

I just bought Danny Boyle's "Sunshine" on a complete whim and was blown away. Its similar to 2001, Event Horizon and Alien. Its like if you took the movie Armageddon away from Jerry Bruckheiemer and made it much darker and more interesting. For those who liked Boyle's movies "Trainspotting" or "28 Days Later" this one is worth checking out. Crazy visuals, good characters, intriguing concepts but with many familiar elements of other space movies. Highly reccomend it

any fans of sofia coppola?

lost in translation was fucking brilliant. initially i thought the pace was too fucking slow. couldnt get past the fist 10 minutes. a couple of months ago, bored, imsomniac, i though why not. best 2 hours of my life.

how bout charles kaufman?

being john malkovich and adaptation - no one makes those kind of movies.

Guest banaszkiewicz

the truman show is a really amazing movie

it was just on

and it makes me think...

but nothing...NOTHING tops Requiem for a Dream

best. fucking. movie. EVER.

Dr. Feelgood, you should check it out

I disagree. That is good Jim Carey. Pet Detective and Dumb and Dumber Jim Carey. :heart:

Then he decided to try and be a real actor. :(

Edited by Dead Flower

Dumb and dumbers probably my fav jim carey film but i LOVE eternal sunshine of the spotless mind aswell.

omfg!!! another kaufman film?!!! didnt realise that.

pity kids were being kids at the cinema. totally ruined the experience. and then i had to go piss at least 3 times. motherfucker.

favourite part of the movie: at the beginning of the movie when jim and kate are in the train. a total awww moment for me. :wub: :wub: :wub::rolleyes:

any fans of sofia coppola?

lost in translation was fucking brilliant. initially i thought the pace was too fucking slow. couldnt get past the fist 10 minutes. a couple of months ago, bored, imsomniac, i though why not. best 2 hours of my life.

Sofia Coppola is my favorite director currently working. Virgin Suicides, Lost in Translation and Marie Antoinette were all my best film pick of their respective years. I am madly in love with her.

theres almost no artists left in the mainstream medium.

Which mainstream filmmakers would you consider artists?

-Kickingthehabit

sofia coppola, jim jarmusch (barely mainstream)...very few. bertolucci too.

:heart: You just shot up so high in my books, and it's not like I didn't already like you! I'd add Almodovar, the Coens, Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry, Atom Egoyan, Ang Lee, Steven Soderbergh, Wong Kar Wai, David Fincher, Jane Campion, Wong Kar Wai, Todd Haynes, Spike Lee, Tim Burton, Paul Thomas Anderson, Oliver Stone, Peter Weir, Scorsese etc.

Edited by Angelica

-Kickingthehabit

sofia coppola]/b], jim jarmusch (barely mainstream)...very few. bertolucci too.

:heart: You just shot up so high in my books, and it's not like I didn't already like you! I'd add Almodovar, the Coens, Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry, Atom Egoyan, Ang Lee, Steven Soderbergh, Wong Kar Wai, David Fincher, Jane Campion, Wong Kar Wai, Todd Haynes, Spike Lee, Tim Burton, Paul Thomas Anderson, Oliver Stone, Peter Weir, Scorsese etc.

again, artist first business-people second in those instances? y'really think? (add david lynch to my list) and gus van sant.

Edited by ffrankwhite

-Kickingthehabit

sofia coppola]/b], jim jarmusch (barely mainstream)...very few. bertolucci too.

again, artist first business-people second in those instances? y'really think?

Yes.