Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacific Rim was great. The plot is pretty cliche and at times predictable but the animation is just remarkable, one of the coolest action movies I've ever seen. I'd highly recommend seeing it in 3D if you're into that kind of shit.

I quite enjoyed it but I wish somebody would explain why all these huge robots and monsters knocking fuck out of each other movies have to be shot a certain way. I mean why were all the battles set at night with the camera right up the robots' arse so you can't fucking see what's going on? Is it really that hard to zoom out a bit and set some of the action in daylight?

Yeah I agree, I was waiting for a daylight battle and it never happened

Guest Len B'stard

Spring Breakers is the best movie I've seen all year. I even bought it.

Its art, its art, you just dont get what they're trying to doooo :lol:
Have you seen that flick, Len?

Nahhh, sounds like a load of shit to be honest :shrugs: And i'm usually a fan of the whole Harmony Korine, Larry Clarke connection.

You should watch it and then come on here and type out a 5000 word post where you use 60 emoticons and call all of us who liked it "pretentious douchebags" in British slang.
Christ, i just said I didn't wanna watch it, there's no need to get menstural, its just a film :shrugs: Just messing about, I'm sure its wonderful and its changed your life, Lord knows you've made enough posts about it and how its reaaaaallly reaaaallyyy clever and how you need to get the big casting joke that the power of the piece is predicated on :lol: Sorry if my having an opinion spoils your fun. Edited by sugaraylen

Christ, i just said I didn't wanna watch it, there's no need to get menstural, its just a film :shrugs: Just messing about, I'm sure its wonderful and its changed your life, Lord knows you've made enough posts about it and how its reaaaaallly reaaaallyyy clever and how you need to get the big casting joke that the power of the piece is predicated on :lol:

*cough* Canadianyousee! *cough* :lol:

Finally saw "Ted", with Marky Mark and the talking teddy bear. Better than I thought it would have been. Glad they made it R rated. If you're gonna do a movie with a talking teddy bear, you better have him drinking/smoking pot,cussing......etc.

Not the greatest movie in the world, but worth a look just to laugh.

I guess it's old comedy week for me.

I saw Quick Change, Fletch, and Fletch Lives. I liked them all and in that order, although Fletch Lives was kinda weak.

Going to watch The Hot Spot next, which I remember loving the first time I saw it.

Shouldn't be a guilty pleasure at all, the first one was really good :)

It's so fluffly! I have such a soft spot for animated picture, Up is another recent favorite. :)