Film Thread

ssiscool

the original is still far superior though.

The plot you mean? Because the acting was horrible IMO.

My little brother loved the remake. I enjoyed it as well.

from a plot standpoint yes.plus i thought the original movie flowed a little better, plus the original made me fear pencils :lol:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up watching Only God Forgives. The cinematography and score are both top notch, but the limited dialogue is terrible, and the story is mediocre at best. Refn tried to make a David Lynch movie but he needed David Lynch to pull it off.

Guest Len B'stard

Watched:

Rise and Fall of a White Collar Hooligan 2: England Away

Clubbed - REALLY good film about this factory working soft lad whoose life sort of falls apart but he finds solace and companionship and an identity in learning to overcome his fears and be something of a tough guy with these doorman fellas...until it all unravels.

I've always considered Cage's Wicker Man to be an absurdest, black comedy. By that classification it's actually a great film. I've watched it 3/4 times and it's never failed to make me laugh.

I've read about this several times, that Cage and the director wanted a black comedy while the studio wanted a straight thriller and then marketed as such and people perceived it as a bad movie.

I went and saw The Conjuring this evening. You should have seen the guy sitting in front of me; he was scared like a little bitch. Dude must have jumped up out of his seat 4 or 5 times. To be honest, he kind of made me feel uncomfortable. If you liked Insidious, you will love this. It's nothing we haven't all seen before, but an enjoyable mashup nonetheless.

Guest Len B'stard

Skyfall. Sort of fell asleep.

Surely not, not during 'the biggest british film of alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll time' :rolleyes:

Skyfall. Sort of fell asleep.

I actually have trouble watching a film from start to finish in one go for some reason nowadays. Not that I fall asleep (sometimes I do) but after a while I just have to stop it and go and stuff around doing something else for a while and then I'll go back to it.

I went and saw The Conjuring this evening. You should have seen the guy sitting in front of me; he was scared like a little bitch. Dude must have jumped up out of his seat 4 or 5 times. To be honest, he kind of made me feel uncomfortable. If you liked Insidious, you will love this. It's nothing we haven't all seen before, but an enjoyable mashup nonetheless.

How scary is it really? on a 1-10 scale. Post spoilers, I don't care.

How scary is it really? on a 1-10 scale. Post spoilers, I don't care.

I'm the wrong guy to answer that question. None of these horror movies scare me anymore. However, this one has a few jolting moments and I found it to be quite enjoyable.

Only God Forgives. It seemed a little too ultra suspension when actually there is a story there. It's like an hour and a half Lynch red curtain scene. It needed some fingers to start snapping and Bobby to come in drinking a bottle of Jim Beam.