Shaky Screen

Gracii Guns

I have a 1 and a half year old Compaq laptop, and when I use it recently, the image on the screen shakes up and down, the colours can invert etc. I sort this out by pressing in on the sides of the screen until the mouse starts to respond properly again and the screen is back to normal- although can go haywire any second! Is there any way I can prevent this from happening - I NEED to make this laptop last me another 5 years (through uni) or my parents will go mental. I've done a virus check and there are no viruses.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Really, please, can anybody help??!? I'm getting despreate! Even any ideas?

I would suggest taking it to a tech so he could open it up and look at it.

More than likely, this is a hardware issue and has nothing to do with a virus or any software changes. It can be caused by many different problems: a loose connection, the video card, the inverter. Check your waranty information, it's possible that the laptop may still be covered by the manufacturer and you can send it back to them and have repaired free of charge.

Really, please, can anybody help??!? I'm getting despreate! Even any ideas?

I would suggest taking it to a tech so he could open it up and look at it.

More than likely, this is a hardware issue and has nothing to do with a virus or any software changes. It can be caused by many different problems: a loose connection, the video card, the inverter. Check your waranty information, it's possible that the laptop may still be covered by the manufacturer and you can send it back to them and have repaired free of charge.

yep I believe its probably a loose connection from the monitor to the computer itself. I had a problem where my laptop would turn on but the monitor wouldnt. I opened it up unplugged it plugged it back in and it worked just fine. Laptops can be a bit tricky to open up if you dont no what your doing it so take it to a tech.

Thanks guys, honestly I'd give my right arm to get this sorted. I found (via google) that another guy had the same sounding problem as me, and he was suggested that it would probably need a replacement screen (or some sort of replacement part, anyway). Better start saving up! I'm not looking forward to breaking it to the parents though! :question: