Sex Pistols Panto?

ffrankwhite

Jan 7, 2008

1 Comments

Add Sex Pistols to MyNME

Sex Pistols director Julien Temple has revealed he has a very special musical project in mind for this year - a panto based on the band.

The man who worked on the iconic Sex Pistols documentaries 'The Great Rock & Roll Swindle' and 'The Filth & The Fury' has revealed that his next project will be taking his familiar subject into unfamiliar territory.

Speaking to BBC 6 Music he explained: "I'm thinking of doing a pantomime of 'The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle' with John Lydon next year as well. I think he’d be great in a pantomime. You'd have to adapt something like Dick Whittington to 'The Great Rock N Roll Swindle'."

He added: "I don't know whether we’d get Malcolm (McClaren) to play The Big Bad Witch of whatever, but it’s a funny idea anyway."

Meanwhile, Temple confirmed that he's just competed work on a new DVD based around the Sex Pistols' five-night November residency at Brixton Academy in London.

http://www.nme.com/news/sex-pistols/33484