DEF LEPPARD AND WHITESNAKE ANNOUNCE MAMMOTH CO-HEADLINE ARENA TOUR

Spuffy78

Plus Special Guests Black Stone Cherry

London, Friday 18th January, Def Leppard and Whitesnake, Two of the World's greatest arena rock bands, are set to play a series of co- headline shows across the UK in summer of 2008. This is the ultimate line up for many a rock fan and be sure this tour is going to sell fast, so get your skates on......

A bit about the bands...

Def Leppard remain one of the world's biggest and most successful live acts, and 2007 was another monumental year the band, playing a near sold out 50 date arena tour across the USA. Starting June 2007 and ending in September 2007, the group's summer concert tour became a must-see phenomenon - .regularly selling out 15,000 to 20,000 capacity arenas! The show featured a stunning production and light show and saw Def Leppard using a ramp for the first time - the show featuring an acoustic in addition to Def Leppard's huge catalogue of global hits. Def Leppard remain amongst the most successful UK bands in the USA still.

Def Leppard are one of only five rock groups who can claim two separate original 10 million plus selling albums in the US. The others are The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Van Halen.

2007 was also the 20th anniversary of Def Leppard's legendary "Hysteria" album. An album summed up by Mojo magazine in Sept 2007 as "Hard rock's equivalent of "Thriller".

Def Leppard are also set to release a brand new studio album in mid 2008. The album will see the band adding to their incredible legacy and promises the inclusion of a very special collaboration.

Having sold over 65 million albums worldwide since the Def Leppard debut release in 1980 and proved themselves one of rock music's hardest working and consistently powerful live bands (playing to over 50 million fans in the last 15 years alone), these dates are set to be a highlight of the summer.

Legendary front man David Coverdale is bringing Whitesnake back on the road in 2008 to celebrate the band's 30th Anniversary with a vengeance...April 2008 will see the release of the first new Whitesnake studio album in over 10 years...'Good To Be Bad' featuring 11 new, slamming Whitesnake songs, guaranteed to take their place alongside their better known multi-million selling catalogue.

"It's about time we had new songs to present to the Whitesnake Choir...This album has all the elements I enjoy about Whitesnake & more..." says Coverdale.

'Good To Be Bad' is the most recent band offering, along with their in-concert greatest hits CD... 'Live In The Shadow Of The Blues' & 'Live In The Still Of The Night'...voted Best DVD of 2006 by the readers of Classic Rock magazine.

With their blend of hard rock, soul, blues, and balladry...a healthy dose of priapic posturing & good time fun, Whitesnake brings a welcome, positive energy to the current musical climate.

From 1973 to 1976 Coverdale was the lead singer in Deep Purple, one of the biggest bands in the world. A year after leaving, he formed Whitesnake in late 1977 as a blues-based, melodic rock band to tour & promote his solo records 'Whitesnake' & 'Northwinds'.

The band then took on a life & an identity of its own, attracting not only the supporters from Deep Purple, but, a whole new audience hungry for the blues, soul & good time rock Whitesnake offered.

In the early 90's Coverdale spent 3 years working with Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, on the rock classic 'Coverdale Page' album, before retiring from the music business for several years.

The internationally renowned, multi-platinum band will be featuring songs from David Coverdale's colourful career...

This is an opportunity to experience the ultimate line-up & celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Whitesnake...

Doug Aldrich on guitar...Reb Beach on guitar...Timothy Drury on keyboards... Uriah Duffy on bass...Chris Frazier on drums...& of course, the inimitable David Coverdale on vocals...

"I can't wait to get back on stage...after being in the studio for most of 2007 I am most definitely ready to let off some steam...The front row should definitely be prepared!" says Coverdale

You have been warned!!!

Special Guests on the tour are the great 'Black Stone Cherry' who hail from the USA and have just won Best New Band at the Classic Rock awards.

Whitesnake and Def Leppard UK Tour 2008 confirmed dates...

JUNE 2008

Tue 17 GLASGOW SECC

Wed 18 BIRMINGHAM NEC

Fri 20 MANCHESTER MEN ARENA

Mon 23 SHEFFIELD ARENA

Tue 24 NEWCASTLE ARENA

Thu 26 WEMBLEY ARENA

Tickets are priced at 37.50 pounds and can be booked through www.livenation.co.uk.

Check with www.Whitesnake.com for any news updates & the possibility of interacting with David Coverdale personally.

For more Def Leppard info go to www.myspace.com/defleppard

Courtesy of www.Whitesnake.com

Source

Edited by Axl98

maaaaaan....

I wanna see Def Leppard... they are coming around here, but lame-ass REO Speedwagon and Styx are opening for them. I'd much rather see Whitesnake. Well... better than nothing. At least I can tolerate Styx. Not so much with Speedwagon, but I'll deal. At least it's an arena tour. Nothing like an 80's show in an arena.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Both of these band are going to come to Sweden Rock. :( They'll take the place as two of the biggest bands and take the time from two good bands, so that they can not come. :(

Whitesnake...

...Reb Beach on guitar...

If I'm not mistaken, this guy was Winger's guitar player,

but I never really got into them, but Reb did a Dokken

album back about 10 years ago called "Erase the Slate"

It is awesome, good player, he should do Whitesnake justice.

I saw Dokken on the "Erase The Slate" tour, twice actually. Once was opening for Def Leppard. Reb was awesome on the guitar. Dokken actually got called back out for an encore. That's the only show i've ever been to where the opener got called back to do an encore.