Suggestions For The Forum

Guest Sweet Tooth

Guest banaszkiewicz

well im just making this thread for people who would want to give their input in on how to spice up the forum

we can have all of our ideas in this thread and maybe Eric can decide if he wants some of these changes or not

ive been thinking a lot about different ways that we can change the forum

but they all just escaped me when i started this thread

so ill get back to this as soon as possible

one of my ideas was to have a "poster of the month" kinda thing

where all the mods decide which member was the poster of the month

that poster of the month will maybe get the colour of his/her named changed

(kinda how the supporters have green, etc)

oh, and another one of my ideas was when in a poll and you have cast your vote

maybe the choice we chose should be bolded, just to make give us a reminder on which one we voted for

we should also change the top left and top right banners to something more recent, just like the headline that was recently changed

what are your suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda like the Poster of the Month idea, maybe it would give people at least a little bit more incentive not to post asinine stuff. But I doubt it'll be put on.

I think (if I can remember right) that they were going to change the top left/right banner thingys, so maybe they just haven't implemented them yet :).

GN'R News & Discussion should be splitten to 2 boards, News and Discussion. The news board should be strictly moderated (maybe so that only mods can start threads there or they can move threads there (members would start them in the Discussion board).. Why? The small news we get wouldn't get lost in the moronic newbie thread flood and there would be only 1 thread per piece of news).

Edited by Wando

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
A vote seems too fair, I just want the ability to ban everyone! Nah, but seriously the vote thing isn't a bad Idea.

It would be great. Only people with more then 1000 post or something could vote so that people didn't do new accounts to ban people.

A vote seems too fair, I just want the ability to ban everyone! Nah, but seriously the vote thing isn't a bad Idea.

It would be great. Only people with more then 1000 post or something could vote so that people didn't do new accounts to ban people.

Yes, that's a good idea too! Also, people can't vote somebody out for something petty (such as; " lEtz baNed baTMan cuz hE CaLl me retard!!11!" ) it has to be something serious and solid. Yeah, I really like this idea :lol:

Yes, that's a good idea too! Also, people can't vote somebody out for something petty (such as; " lEtz baNed baTMan cuz hE CaLl me retard!!11!" ) it has to be something serious and solid. Yeah, I really like this idea :lol:

I'm starting to feel this idea as well. :P

Though the tards on this site make it somewhat interesting :huh:

excellent idea satanik.

excellent idea satanik.

a 1000 would be too low. perhaps even if it was Suporters. or people with X amount of DECENT posts.

excellent idea satanik.

a 1000 would be too low. perhaps even if it was Suporters. or people with X amount of DECENT posts.

What makes a post decent? I know a good 40-odd% of my own posts are pure shite.

excellent idea satanik.

something that contrabutes to the discussion. nothing that is just lol or +1 ect.

I for one, know that 50% of my posts are crap (from when i was a newbie upto about a god)

excellent idea satanik.

something that contrabutes to the discussion. nothing that is just lol or +1 ect.

I for one, know that 50% of my posts are crap (from when i was a newbie upto about a god)

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry690527

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry768709

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry767382

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry769628

:D

(Sorry to rat on ya, man. I think it was cute how you used to spell 'kool.' Plus, I am doing some major procrastination on a 5 page paper here :confused: )