"Rocker" by Hollywood Rose

GNR 1991

I just recently discovered this song and the Hollywood Rose album, which is pretty good actually. This song really got my attention though, it's nothing too great, but it serves its purpose as a fun, rocking, 80's song. It's interesting to hear Axl sing before Guns. His voice is a little different from AFD, like he's just discovered he could sing this raspy. I love it though.

Thoughts?

I just recently discovered this song and the Hollywood Rose album, which is pretty good actually. This song really got my attention though, it's nothing too great, but it serves its purpose as a fun, rocking, 80's song. It's interesting to hear Axl sing before Guns. His voice is a little different from AFD, like he's just discovered he could sing this raspy. I love it though.

Thoughts?

I was real disapointed with the Hollywood Rose album. While it was nice to hear his voice a little bit rawer, the music was generic and generally uninspired considering it came from Axl Rose. Here's a video of them doing a couple of the numbers, it's cool to see a young Axl tearing it up like he's already a rock star.

I was actually pumped to hear the Rapidfire album because I can just imagine Axl hitting those Halford notes but it looks like it never made it past his lawyers.

What a fucking rip-off that CD was. Ugh, I'm still angry I bought it.

Same. Waste of money. It didn't even have a mandatory Gilby Clarke quote metal remix of "Killing Time" with spoken word montage featuring Michael J. Fox/Morgan Freeman spoken word solo showdown interspersed with clips from Back to the Future and Porky's Revenge. Gilby let me down big time. He could have at least thrown a few "FREE AT LAST!"s in there, or even just a subtle "This whole thing is fucked up" during the guitar solo. Disappointing to say the least.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I liked it. Would have been better if there would just have been 5 songs as they were without the remix, or even better, if they put in some more songs.

What a fucking rip-off that CD was. Ugh, I'm still angry I bought it.

Same. Waste of money. It didn't even have a mandatory Gilby Clarke quote metal remix of "Killing Time" with spoken word montage featuring Michael J. Fox/Morgan Freeman spoken word solo showdown interspersed with clips from Back to the Future and Porky's Revenge. Gilby let me down big time. He could have at least thrown a few "FREE AT LAST!"s in there, or even just a subtle "This whole thing is fucked up" during the guitar solo. Disappointing to say the least.

I don't think Gilby really does stuff like that... Mother Goose does, but, he's definitely not Gilby

anyways, yeah, I love that whole cd, my favorite tracks are definitely Killing Time and Reckless Life, but, Shadow of Your Love and the original Anything Goes are close seconds... Rocker is alright