Do people even still care about "music"......

SunnyDRE

Less ppl become fans for a particular band/artist. And in general it´s only true fans that buy CDs.

So it´s not only the oppurtunity to download that is the problem. The record companies "create" more and more plastic one hit wonders that really no one cares about in the long run. No artists that we will listen to in like 20 years in 70k arenas. And those artists wont sell CD´s..

I show my support for the artists i like by going to see their live show if/when they come close. 9 times out of 10 i buy a shirt or some merch item while I'm there too.

I still buy cd's, just not as much as i used to. I'm getting close to 400 cd's in my collection. Music has always been a huge part of my life. I can go without tv and basically any other form of entertainment, but take music away from me, and i would have to start a killing spree. I've always said i'd rather go blind than deaf, because atleast then i could still hear the bands i love.

I actually still have some of my childhood albums around somewhere. Kiss, Van Halen,Billy Squier, Led Zep- all the stuff my dad turned me onto as a kid. I have a photo from my 4th birthday, I'm holding up 2 Kiss albums- Destroyer and Dynasty.

I dont like the idea of downloading music, especially for free. In some weird way it feels like cheating to me, like i love goin to the record store and buying an album, its one of my favourite things to do, i just dont get people who dont buy albums. I only download bootleg albums like the suicide handbook or live shows.

The reason for the fall of music is that the new bands out there are pathetic...come on now, if the music industry's top band is Fall Out Boy....what does that say about new music???

It says that a lot of people aren't biased metal-heads that will only listen to a certain genre, and that they happen to enjoy listening to Fall Out Boy. [which i find absolutely nothing wrong with]

Let people listen to what they want and stop being such an ignorant tool.

Everyone has an opinion, and it doesn't always make you ignorant, or a tool.

I don't connect to music like Fall Out Boy or Rap music as a genre, I listen to Metal and Rock. I also like some Country as well.

The reason for the fall of music is that the new bands out there are pathetic...come on now, if the music industry's top band is Fall Out Boy....what does that say about new music???

It says that a lot of people aren't biased metal-heads that will only listen to a certain genre, and that they happen to enjoy listening to Fall Out Boy. [which i find absolutely nothing wrong with]

Let people listen to what they want and stop being such an ignorant tool.

LMAO...you must be in the band...sorry....lol....

That's funny you say that I'm a "biased" metalhead that only listens to a certain genre....take a look at my profile, buddy, and you'll see otherwise. I like a wide range of music...everything from classical to rap....so your point is mute....I just don't like Fall Out Boy...I think they're this generation's version of the Backstreet Boys or better yet, New Kids on the Block.

So who sounds like the ignorant tool now??