What is a good beginner guitar

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm not that much of a fan either of Les Paul. I think Ibanez always has good guitars. My next guitar's probably going to be this one.

XPT700RCM_2.jpg

You'll look like a knob if you get that for your first guitar.

Why? Because it's not Rock N' Roll enough if you don't play a cheap guitar you found somewhere in a bar? Come on, that guitar is not too expensive and people say the sound and the playability is really good.

EDIT: Post Number 3000

Yes, I'm not that much of a fan either of Les Paul. I think Ibanez always has good guitars. My next guitar's probably going to be this one.

XPT700RCM_2.jpg

You'll look like a knob if you get that for your first guitar.

Why? Because it's not Rock N' Roll enough if you don't play a cheap guitar you found somewhere in a bar? Come on, that guitar is not too expensive and people say the sound and the playability is really good.

Nah, I'm sure it's a good guitar, but it's just the fact that it's such a "metal" guitar and beginners look like an idiot playing "metal" guitars (ie. BC Rich's).

Just my opinion though...

I say that because they are useless!

I play Gibson and Fenders myself. And I've never played a Ibanez which feels right. They feel like utter rubbish.

Let's start with the most important piece of the guitar; the body. I'm found one piece mahogy, with a maple top,

which is the classical Gibson combo. I can fancy guitars with premium ash, or alder bodies aswell (strat and teles).

Ibanez guitars feels like carbonfiber. It doesn't give you any tone at all.

The tone and the playability is what the guitar is about. Ibanez guitars has no tone at all. They even manage to kill

the little bit of tone the body has left. They strap on rubbish tremolo-systems, and ridicules cold and rubbish pickups.

I'm a found of good old baseballbat necks. Gibson 50's profile and Fender V-shape. That's why I've recently bought myself

a '52 Telecaster. The neck is fat, and has a great tone. The Ibanez neck-profiles are way too thin. It's pure rubbish.

I play Gibson and Fenders myself. And I've never played a Ibanez which feels right. They feel like utter rubbish.

Let's start with the most important piece of the guitar; the body. I'm found one piece mahogy, with a maple top,

which is the classical Gibson combo. I can fancy guitars with premium ash, or alder bodies aswell (strat and teles).

The tone and the playability is what the guitar is about. Ibanez guitars has no tone at all. They even manage to kill

the little bit of tone the body has left. They strap on rubbish tremolo-systems, and ridicules cold and rubbish pickups.

I'm a found of good old baseballbat necks. Gibson 50's profile and Fender V-shape. That's why I've recently bought myself

a '52 Telecaster. The neck is fat, and has a great tone. The Ibanez neck-profiles are way too thin. It's pure rubbish.

Don't you get the feeling that the Ibanez necks are way "faster" then the Les Paul necK? At least that's my impression.

I hate "fast" guitarists. Shredding gives me nothing!

You can play just as fast on a Gibson as on a Ibanez.

Well, I'm quite a fan of technically good guitarists. And I mean, many virtuosos such as Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert or John Petrucci play Ibanez. Maybe you can play as fast on a Gibson, I mean Buckethead plays Gibson, but I think Ibanez have the better feeling and I prefer fast gutiars and guitarists. Just because someone is technically advanced doesn't mean he's not playing with feeling. Some of their sopngs are awesome.

Squier and Epiphones are decent guitars for beginners. As long as you stay away from the cheapest models, like Les Paul 100 etc.

Go for a Les Paul Standard, Custom etc.

Thank you Iceman, you just listed the guitarist I've listed as 'the most boring guitarists ever.'

Edited by Raw Power

Squier and Epiphones are decent guitars for beginners. As long as you stay away from the cheapest models, like Les Paul 100 etc.

Go for a Les Paul Standard, Custom etc.

Thank you Iceman, you just listed the guitarist I've listed as 'the most boring guitarists ever.'

Well, that's your opinion, in my opinion they are some of the best ever. ;)

You're wrong!

Why do good guitarists lack advanced technique? I jsut understand that. As soon as someone is technically good people say he's boring. That's stupid.

It's ok to be fast, but it's pretty damn boring when you do nothing else but play fast.

You're wrong!

Why do good guitarists lack advanced technique? I jsut understand that. As soon as someone is technically good people say he's boring. That's stupid.

It's ok to be fast, but it's pretty damn boring when you do nothing else but play fast.

Yeah, but these guys aren't just playing fast. that have some calm songs and stuff, too. Their songs are usually jsut quite complex but not always fast.

Your attempt to sound cool here really does come off as sounding lame and uninformed. I'm not gonna say I am that fond of Ibanez style guitars either, but to say they're rubbish is just plain stupidity. You're also slightly comparing apples and oranges, since they're not really constructed to perform the same task. If you like traditional style guitars fine, so be it, gibson however has had some quality issues and are hardly worth anything close to the asking price, fenders as far as the standards go are more reasonable. These two brands still focus on keeping close to construction teqhniques and designs from the 50's and if that's what you're after they're good. These designs are however no way near perfect in any way and to say that another company is putting out rubbish because they try to improve on these designs to improve playability, tuning-stability etc is just a lame, uninformed attempt to come off as a cool "I-know-more-about-this-shit-than-you type of guy.

You don't believe Ibanez pickups sound good, well sound is subjective my friend, and since you're going for vintage stuff I don't even think these pickups are designed for your type of music anyway. They do the job that they're designed for good, just because you don't like the stuff they're made to perform for doesn't make them rubbish.

Rubbish tremolo systems? That's also a load of bullshit, the ibanez edge pro's and low pro's are widely regarded as some of the best floyd rose type tremolos produced. Again if you don't like double locking tremolos that doesn't make them rubbish. These tremolos are made with excellent quality and excel at the task that they're supposed to do -that is not equivalent to rubbish. Ibanez neck profiles are way to thin?...again quite the uninformed statement, ibanez necks range in size from the ultra thin to larger size necks. And to say that they're rubbish based on the fact that they are thin is again ludicrous. They also performed the task they're designed to do better than most of their competitors.

You think Ibanez guitars feel like carbon fiber? Now this is the most bullshit out of all, Ibanez makes both alder guitars and mahogany/maple combos. 'Premium' ash or alder....I'd like to see you spot those in a blind test.

Edited by aidlook