FRANKIE BANALI: 'I Reject Any And All Suggestions To Have QUIET RIOT Continue'

JKKDARK

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=88377

QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has issued the following statement:

"I have been approached to see if I would be interested in contacting Rudy Sarzo and Carlos Cavazo and to audition singers for QUIET RIOT."

"I have also been approached to see if I would be interested in contacting and reforming the version of QUIET RIOT that included Paul Shortino, Carlos Cavazo and Sean McNabb."

"Let me make this very simple and perfectly clear. While I am still actively involved in the business interests of QUIET RIOT and will continue in that capacity, I reject any and all suggestions to have QUIET RIOT continue as a live performing entity."

"My friendship, love and respect for [late QUIET RIOT singer] Kevin DuBrow as well as my personal love and affection for Kevin's mother and his family makes it inconceivable for me to ever entertain any ovation to reform or to continue QUIET RIOT. Kevin was too important to go on without him. It would also be a disrespect to the fans who have supported QUIET RIOT for nearly 25 years."

"I thank everyone for the wonderful and sometimes unpredictable adventure that I was able to share as a member of QUIET RIOT. The only regret that I have is the loss of Kevin. May he rest in peace."

"I now begin life after QUIET RIOT."

DuBrow died in late November of an accidental cocaine overdose. He was 52 years old.

QUIET RIOT was perhaps best known for its 1983 cover of "Cum on Feel the Noize". The song, featuring Dubrow's powerful, gravelly voice, appeared on the band's album "Metal Health" — which was the first by a metal band to reach No. 1 on the Billboard chart.

DuBrow recorded a solo album in 2004, "In for the Kill", and the band's last studio CD, "Rehab", came out in October 2006.

No more Quiet Riot, it's official :(