Creativity in music is over,all the ideas for good songs were taken.

Gallagher Rose

I think that all the ideas for music,good music you know,were taken.There's no more ways to do great music without copy or rip something from other released songs.All the creation now is based in music of the past,so..creativity is almost impossible today.You see musicians like Chris Martin from Coldplay trying Hypnosis to write new songs,and then..tons of bands like The Fratellis ripping old school music.

In Rainbows.

Sorry,this album is good,but boring..far from inovating.Radiohead was great till Kid A.

You're talking about creativity. Like it or not, its pretty damn creative.

Yeah..they reinvent themselves in every album they release,one of a few bands who do this..but overall,I think we can't have hope to hear great music..in a world that Timbaland is nominated genius.

"Hey Hey I wanna be a rockstar"...Idiocracy..

Edited by Gallagher Rose

theres always room for new creative music. Axl is doing it. Just no one else knows how to do it.

I do believe you're talking out of your ass here.

what do you mean?

Hes no genius. Hes an OK songwriter, but not completely creative. I don't think you can say one sole person is bound to change the music industry, when he isn't writing anything groundbreaking. I want to be proven wrong though.

Billy Corgan said something like this about 10 years ago, if I'm not wrong. He said that rock music was basically done and being done over or something, and that he wasn't doing it anymore. Of course, he turned out to try again, but I do see your point.

As for the In Rainbows comment, I like the album but I think it's far from ground-breaking and is not quite as good as some of their other ones.

There are always new situations, feelings to express. People like cliches though. It's safe and comfy. AFD was a bit too comfortable. Enjoyable, yes. Primal, yes. Revolutionary, no. My World has more going for it than Jungle in that regard. It's really not about being good anyway, it's about having fun, he says after boring the ass of everyone for 10 years...

I think that all the ideas for music,good music you know,were taken.There's no more ways to do great music without copy or rip something from other released songs.All the creation now is based in music of the past,so..creativity is almost impossible today.You see musicians like Chris Martin from Coldplay trying Hypnosis to write new songs,and then..tons of bands like The Fratellis ripping old school music.

soon a new band will come with inovative ideas we couldn't even imagine

(hopefully :ph34r: )

that's bullshit man...arcade fire is one example of very creative music...queens of the stone age is another...Axl is writing some new creative shit too...

ther's always a way to create new, groundbreaking music...but groundbreaking music doesn't write itself.

Edited by Rovim

the truth of it is that we are, as a species, copycats. we learn to eat, walk, speak all by mimicing. the only thing that occurs naturally, the only thing thrust upon us, our first act of human creativity (someones been reading Freud :rolleyes: ) is taking a shit and that, accordingly to a well informed coke-freak, is a defining facet of the person we become.

point being, the audience is as much at fault here as the artist. 99% of people that get into music get into it cuz they hear Page or Slash or Axl or Johnny Rotten or whoever and go "hey, i'd like to do that". thats why there are very few originals out there but this is bullshit really cuz its stuff we cant do anything about but what we can do something about is our own attitudes. in our little cliques be it rock fan or hip hop head or disco freak we're totally unaccepting and unembracing of change and innovation and the minute it occurs people cry foul and label artists and sellouts or some other such ridiculous term. change your attitude, open your mind, understand that all sound is actually music waiting to be ordered (or dis-ordered) under the banner or artistic expression for mass consumption.

either that or get the fuck up and do it for yourself. because this mythic "new" band thats gonna come and change the world for you as an audience are more than likely wait for you to do it for them. so what're you waiting on?

and then theres me, telling the everybody the way things are, why dont i get up and do it? cuz im as bad as your are otherwise i wouldnt be hiding behind a computer pontificating. suffice to say the *insert musical revolutionary of your choice here* will not be found sitting behind a computer wanting.

Edited by ffrankwhite

To me there never has been one band. Not for myself, I mean in general. Some people get into GNR, others thought The Stone Roses were gods. I relatively open minded but have realised that I like certain things and pretty much enjoy them. I like the release or excitement of metal/rock n roll. You know from Back in Black to Marilyn Manson. The ideas in the songs just seem to be references in a complex matrix of culture. This record relates to this event to this book. All are different expressions of what is going on out there. A pleasurable way to experience things. It's not like I want to go to war but I'm interested about the Vietnam war. The funny thing is that record buyers are almost the opposite of musicians who are inquiste and experimental, music fans rarely want to be challenged, they want to be entertained. Rarely is music only music. Style is important, people can scream the truth til they turn blue, without style it is useless. Wah the more I type the more bullshit I come up with.

To me there never has been one band. Not for myself, I mean in general. Some people get into GNR, others thought The Stone Roses were gods. I relatively open minded but have realised that I like certain things and pretty much enjoy them. I like the release or excitement of metal/rock n roll. You know from Back in Black to Marilyn Manson. The ideas in the songs just seem to be references in a complex matrix of culture. This record relates to this event to this book. All are different expressions of what is going on out there. A pleasurable way to experience things. It's not like I want to go to war but I'm interested about the Vietnam war. The funny thing is that record buyers are almost the opposite of musicians who are inquiste and experimental, music fans rarely want to be challenged, they want to be entertained. Rarely is music only music. Style is important, people can scream the truth til they turn blue, without style it is useless. Wah the more I type the more bullshit I come up with.

spot on ;) and you're right about style too, style is not only not bullshit i think, in contemporary society its actually MORE important than the music because style and possibly the ethics of "way" behind it is what people use to justify the richness and/or percieved lacking of the music they're into. Style is almost primary. im not saying whether its a good or a bad thing or even if i like the idea but its a fact.

Edited by ffrankwhite