The world is officially retarded

Moop

It's just fucking garbage, but then hasn't mainstream music pretty much always been? Sure a good band slips through the cracks and has a hit once in a while, but most mainstream music has sucked for quite some time. It's not about talent-never has been. I can practically guarantee that you could put pretty much anyone reading this in a pro studio with a decent engineer and come up with something like this. There was a time when musicians put a lot of determination into learning their instruments, but that was over the day some asshole came up with Pro Tools and the like. Don't despair-there is plenty of good music out there, it's just not on the radar of the avarage listener because they actually follow the trends that the major labels shove down their throats. Do some digging and find something worth listening to, or if you have to go back and listen to some classic stuff.

It's just fucking garbage, but then hasn't mainstream music pretty much always been? Sure a good band slips through the cracks and has a hit once in a while, but most mainstream music has sucked for quite some time. It's not about talent-never has been. I can practically guarantee that you could put pretty much anyone reading this in a pro studio with a decent engineer and come up with something like this. There was a time when musicians put a lot of determination into learning their instruments, but that was over the day some asshole came up with Pro Tools and the like. Don't despair-there is plenty of good music out there, it's just not on the radar of the avarage listener because they actually follow the trends that the major labels shove down their throats. Do some digging and find something worth listening to, or if you have to go back and listen to some classic stuff.

ehhh I'm too busy Bouncin On Ma Toe

but you can

Watch Me Super Soak Dat Hoeeeee

crossin her eyes and dottin her tees.....

lets wait for about 10 years,like a lot of pop songs this may into into retro or kitsch so suddenly it will seem good.

Quite odd, that in 20 years this will be regarded as 'classic hip-hop'.

i doubt that actually...although who knows.

Hmm. Whats Vanilla Ice referred to?

lets wait for about 10 years,like a lot of pop songs this may into into retro or kitsch so suddenly it will seem good.

crap by most accounts. where is he rated on any level?!?! even in the hip hop community, dont make the mistake of thinking he's some kind of hip hop royalty. he is to hip hop what Babylon Zoo were to rock n roll. i dont see no Source 5 mics for VI

Edited by ffrankwhite

crap by most accounts. where is he rated on any level?!?! even in the hip hop community, dont make the mistake of thinking he's some kind of hip hop royalty. he is to hip hop what Babylon Zoo were to rock n roll. i dont see no Source 5 mics for VI

but on a retro club night Ice Ice Baby is not a rarity :)

Edited by krissirge

but on a retro club night Ice Ice Baby is not a rarity :)

yeah but clubs are hardly the yardstick of what is considered musical merit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RKQgDY0pZ68

i love it

and yeah i can do the dance too, not perfectly but the jist of it. It grows on ya after yo hear night after night and clubs, bars, parties etc....

I'm Bouncin On Ma Toe

I'ma Pass It To Arab

Then He Gon pass to da low

Haterz Wanna Be Me

Soulja Boy, I'm The Man

They Be Lookin At Ma Neck

Sayin'this da rubberband man (man)

Watch Me Do It (Watch Me Do It)

Dance (Dance)

Lean'N To (Lean'N To)

Nope,You Can't Do It Like Me

Hoe, So Don't Do It Like Me

so do warts

not my choice of artists, but he had more then soulja boy

:no:

there should be a law against that.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RKQgDY0pZ68

i love it

and yeah i can do the dance too, not perfectly but the jist of it. It grows on ya after yo hear night after night and clubs, bars, parties etc....

I'm Bouncin On Ma Toe

I'ma Pass It To Arab

Then He Gon pass to da low

Haterz Wanna Be Me

Soulja Boy, I'm The Man

They Be Lookin At Ma Neck

Sayin'this da rubberband man (man)

Watch Me Do It (Watch Me Do It)

Dance (Dance)

Lean'N To (Lean'N To)

Nope,You Can't Do It Like Me

Hoe, So Don't Do It Like Me

so do warts

not my choice of artists, but he had more then soulja boy

"he" was a band, and more what than soulja boy? get off your fuckin high horse, seriously, if you dont like something then why does it even fucking register to you? move on to what you do like, for the life of me i'll never understand these threads that are about unanimously voicing the shit you dont like. if you dont like it, dont listen to it. and this whiney "look at the state of music" bullshit. musics where its always fuckin been, you gotta dig for the special stuff. and Madison, with that "shows whoose listening to music today" pfft! what the fuck, i didnt know theres some underling part of society that shouldnt be exposed to music. people need to really get over themselves and take things for what they're worth and get the stick out of their asses...its fun music to just hang and have a good time to, if you dont like it dont listen to it but dont look down on people who know how to enjoy themselves, however intellectually superior than them you percieve yourself to be.

i'd hate to go to a club with some of y'all, all immediately sitting down when you hear a song that doesnt immediately fulfill your artistic integrity checklist.

Edited by ffrankwhite

"he" was a band, and more what than soulja boy? get off your fuckin high horse, seriously, if you dont like something then why does it even fucking register to you? move on to what you do like, for the life of me i'll never understand these threads that are about unanimously voicing the shit you dont like. if you dont like it, dont listen to it. and this whiney "look at the state of music" bullshit. musics where its always fuckin been, you gotta dig for the special stuff. and Madison, with that "shows whoose listening to music today" pfft! what the fuck, i didnt know theres some underling part of society that shouldnt be exposed to music. people need to really get over themselves and take things for what they're worth and get the stick out of their asses...its fun music to just hang and have a good time to, if you dont like it dont listen to it but dont look down on people who know how to enjoy themselves, however intellectually superior than them you percieve yourself to be.

i'd hate to go to a club with some of y'all, all immediately sitting down when you hear a song that doesnt immediately fulfill your artistic integrity checklist.

Well said. Thank you, Frankie.

Because people are different, they have different tastes in music. I personally don't like country music, but that doesn't give me the right to say or think that people who DO listen to it are retards or have poor taste in music. Different strokes for different folks. I see absolutely nothing wrong with Soulja Boy or this song.