Sex Pistols plan to record new songs

ffrankwhite

SEX PISTOLS PLAN NEW SONGS

Print article

Refer to a friend

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

2008-01-16 08:11:15 -

The SEX PISTOLS are set to record their first new material in 30 years after being spurred on by the success of their recent reunion tour.

The legendary rockers got back on stage for a series of live dates last year (07) and the positive reaction from fans has convinced them to start work new tracks.

The group hope to start recording in the first half of 2008 so that the new songs will be ready for their appearance at the Isle of Wight Festival in June (08).

Drummer Paul Cook says, "There's talk of new material. The only problem is that it's a bit hard to work on anything as John (Lydon) and Steve (Jones) are in America and Glen (Matlock) and I are in the U.K.. so it's a case of finding the time to get together.

"We might not pull together an album but hopefully there will be some new stuff in time for the summer."

http://www.pr-inside.com/sex-pistols-plan-...ngs-r388857.htm

i'm a fan but dont like the idea of it,

it just doesn't seem right

Neither does the idea of a Sex Pistols reunion tour, or box set, or greatest hits compilation. I guess if you're going to sell out whatever integrity you were pretending to have in favor of sucking cash's scaly cock, you may as well go whole hog and deep throat it.

Neither does the idea of a Sex Pistols reunion tour, or box set, or greatest hits compilation. I guess if you're going to sell out whatever integrity you were pretending to have in favor of sucking cash's scaly cock, you may as well go whole hog and deep throat it.

greatest hits lol, they only had one album

i love people who listen to bands artists signed to major record labels then go off around pontificating about sucking cashs "scaly cock". and Spark, listen to Bill Hicks, it'll seem a little less brilliant ;) cash's "scaley cock", very original :rolleyes:

Well, it's like a start from scratch or can they get any worse?

whatever the pistols are, they are many worlds beyond such lame ass bandwagon jumping overly self aware commercial corporate rock bullshit trying to pawn themselves off as some underground entity as Pearl Jam :no: Eddie Vedder cant get over the fact that his name aint Kurt Cobain.

Edited by ffrankwhite

whatever the pistols are, they are many worlds beyond such lame ass bandwagon jumping overly self aware commercial corporate rock bullshit trying to pawn themselves off as some underground entity as Pearl Jam :no: Eddie Vedder cant get over the fact that his name aint Kurt Cobain.

:rofl-lol:

You rule, dude!

:rofl-lol:

You rule, dude!

really though, a fucking Pearl jam fans gonna tell me that the Sex Pistols suck?!?! :lol: The Sex Pistols are what Pearl Jam tried so very hard to be, a relevant rock band that changed attitudes, cultures, changed music, were at the forefront of a cultural revolution and whoose influenced is a clear imprint on rock n roll ever since. Pearl Jam are evidence only of the fact that mutton is mutton and lamb is lamb, no matter how many flannel shirts and crusty jeans the mutton dons. i still cant believe it, a Pearl Jam fan of all people, i think i just swallowed my puke :rofl-lol:

Edited by ffrankwhite

And that's every bit as misguided as the post you're replying too. :no:

God, not another one. i dunno how people can stomach Eddie Vedder, i really dont. he's a pete townshend fan who missed the point. badly. with his head halfway up the ass of any documentry about any decent band from the who to the ramones onwards gushing on with his non-commital adoration, its boring.

God, not another one. i dunno how people can stomach Eddie Vedder, i really dont. he's a pete townshend fan who missed the point. badly. with his head halfway up the ass of any documentry about any decent band from the who to the ramones onwards gushing on with his non-commital adoration, its boring.

Non-commital how? Oh wait, I don't care. Your personal opinion of him is entirely not the point. What you said was complete bullshit. PJ never tried to pass themselves off as underground, and that comment about Ed wanting to be Kurt is asinine. I still love you though. :lol:

i love people who listen to bands artists signed to major record labels then go off around pontificating about sucking cashs "scaly cock". and Spark, listen to Bill Hicks, it'll seem a little less brilliant ;) cash's "scaley cock", very original :rolleyes:

Who said I was being original? I was giving my opinion - I'm deeply sorry if the phrase 'scaly cock' has been used before, but the phrase 'very original' has also been oft-repeated. I wasn't aware of any rule stating that 'all opinions must be expressed using wholly original terms and phrases'. If so, it would be a pretty fucking quiet board, particularly since people wouldn't be able to quote 'Chinese Democracy starts Now' at every opportunity. Perhaps you'd prefer 'fetid penis'. 'Festering schlong', is that ok? 'Moldering dick'? 'Acne-ridden dong'? Take your pick.

And there's a vast amount of difference between signing to a label to release new material when you need the money and promotion, and rereleasing the same shit ad infinitum and doing a 'reunion tour' which is completely at odds with the ethos you (The Sex Pistols) so gleefully rammed down everyone's throat in bygone days. Fucking hell, talk about pontificating! John Lydon was never shy when it came to forcing his skewed middle class art-school snob morals on people, so I don't think its exactly unfair to point out his boundless hypocrisy. What this has to do with whether or not I buy albums from major labels, I don't fucking know. But I sure as hell wouldn't buy a 'greatest hits' compilation from a band who only released one fucking album in the first place. If you can't see that is ridiculous, particularly coming from a so-called anti-establishment punk band, that's your issue. If I'm not out of place saying so, I'd guess your affection for the music is clouding your judgment.

Edited by Elnombre