Warrant - Family Picnic

JKKDARK

That was just plain boring, not horrible just boring as fuck. Why does it sound like they're trying to be a grunge band?

If it's boring, then Alice in Chains is boring.

Do you not understand there is such a thing as good bands and crap bands? Or do you just see it as every band in the same genre must be exactly the same and just as good as every other band in that genre? (worded badly but you get my drift)

Oh no wait, you think sales is the only thing that decides talent :rolleyes: ...

That was just plain boring, not horrible just boring as fuck. Why does it sound like they're trying to be a grunge band?

If it's boring, then Alice in Chains is boring.

Do you not understand there is such a thing as good bands and crap bands? Or do you just see it as every band in the same genre must be exactly the same and just as good as every other band in that genre? (worded badly but you get my drift)

Oh no wait, you think sales is the only thing that decides talent :rolleyes: ...

Sorry, I don't get your drift. Post again.

It's hilarious.

If a band puts out an album that sounds like all their other albums, people rip them apart for not being creative.

If a band puts out an album that doesn't sould like all their other albums, then people rip them apart for trying to "do whatever is popular" at the time.

AC/DC admitted that they just put out the same album every time, just changing the words and titles. BUT every other band out there, who has remained successful, grows and changes their sound over time.

The majority of musicians and song writers out there are NOT just locked into one zone.

If Warrant put out albums that sounded like Cherry Pie and Heaven, people would complain about that. They change their sound up - and people complain. It's ridiculous.

SINCE we are talking about Warrant. People write them off as a no-talent hair band.

But if you dig a little deeper, they were a strong rock band.

They kick ass live. I've seen everybody live. GnR, Ozzie, Priest, Bon Jovi, Dokken, Megadeth, Metallica, etc, etc, etc. And Warrant puts on a great live show.

They put out ballads that the girls love - Heaven. They put out the pop songs - Down Boys and Cherry Pie. They put out interesting songs like Uncle Tom's Cabin.

But check out songs that weren't that popular - Hole in My Wall or Machine Gun.

Hell, I'll say it. Dog Eat Dog is the most underrated rock album from that time frame.

Grunge?

Gotta be kidding, if any of you guys actually listened to the album the song's from ("Ultraphobic"),

you would hear the fact that the rest of the songs were basically hard rock, so maybe they went a little over the line with this one, big deal, they aren't out to copy no one. I will admit, it's probally my least favorite song on the disc.Don't compare Warrant to grunge, that's an insult... :lol:

Besides, how can this be grunge....Jani Lane CAN actually sing!

Grunge?

Gotta be kidding, if any of you guys actually listened to the album the song's from ("Ultraphobic"),

you would hear the fact that the rest of the songs were basically hard rock, so maybe they went a little over the line with this one, big deal, they aren't out to copy no one. I will admit, it's probally my least favorite song on the disc.Don't compare Warrant to grunge, that's an insult... :lol:

So can Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder...?

Grunge?

Both those guys sing like they have a clothes pin in their spokes,

or like the're gargling with Listerine.(Especially Vedder IMO) :lol:

All in fun bro, I have heard people my whole life lash me for Warrant and

Poison, like it's some kind of fact or something.NOBODY has a right to

put any band down based on fact, only opinion.There is no science that

messures talent.

Edited by Getizzyback

Grunge?

Both those guys sing like they have a clothes pin in their spokes,

or like the're gargling with Listerine.(Especially Vedder IMO) :lol:

All in fun bro, I have heard people my whole life lash me for Warrant and

Poison, like it's some kind of fact or something.NOBODY has a right to

put any band down based on fact, only opinion.There is no science that

messures talent.

Yeah but you can't deny that they're great singers even if you don't like 'em. I can say that Jani Lane is good singer from what I've heard but that doesn't stop me from disliking the music...

Of course not, if you like Poison and Warrant that's fine by me but like you said it's all opinion and that means that I can dislike 'em too... I'm not saying everyone must dislike Poison and Warrant just that I do :D

And just so you know, I do like a couple of bands that often gets labeled hair metal or glam metal or pop-metal or whatever... like Cinderella, Hanoi Rocks (at times they're labeled this), some Bon Jovi, some Def Leppard, Dogs D'Amour, Europe, Mötley Crüe, some Skid Row, Tesla, Electric Angels, Quireboys.... so it's not like I instantly dislike something just because it's labeled pop metal etc but I still think Poison and Warrant are shite :)

Edited by izzystradlin'