In my opinion . . . the most underrated album of the Hair Band era is . . .

Guest Apollo

Warrant's Dog Eat Dog.

These guys were always typecast as poppy hairband music because of cherry pie and Heaven.

Shame, because Dog Eat Dog was a kick ass album. MUCH better than their mainstream popular crap.

Timing, the end of the era, their image and reputation kept this albuming from being given a chance.

Maybe you disagree. But if you listen to the songs on it with an open mind, you might be surprised.

Machine Gun . . . cool guitar track.

Hole in My Wall .... Great rock song, great bluesy rock feel Love it.

April 2031 ... not for every one. Pretty cheesy. But catchy! Cool feel to it, if you get past the lyrics.

Andy Warhol was Right . . . Great song. One of my favorites. Great SLOW song.

Bonfire . . . only piece of shit song on the album.

The Bitter Pill . . . fun, fun song. Slow, fast, creative.

Hollywood . . . great song. Adult rock feel to it. Should have been a hit.

Bridges are Burning . . . again, great adult mellow rock song. Love it.

Quicksand . . . very catchy - not the best song, but still not bad.

Let it Rain . . . good slower song, has some feeling to it. PRobably closest to a song like Heaven.

Inside Out . . . uhhhh, their attempt at metal! FUN song.

Sad Theresa . . . awesome song.

Fuck Warrant

The winner of this thread is...............CINDERELLA - LONG COLD WINTER!

I lol'd a lot with your post. Long Cold Winter reached 3X Platinum in the US, that's not underrated. I hope you're confused with Still Climbing (1994), which is a perfect album but without certifications.

The winner of this thread is...............CINDERELLA - HEARTBREAK STATION!

Fixed that for you ;)

Ya, like the one guy said. You can't sell 3 million copies of an album and say it's underrated.

But I loved Cinderella.

Coming Home and Shelter Me are probably in my top 25 or 30 song of the hair band generation.

They were one of the top ten bands of the era.

Fixed that for you ;)

Ya, like the one guy said. You can't sell 3 million copies of an album and say it's underrated.

But I loved Cinderella.

Coming Home and Shelter Me are probably in my top 25 or 30 song of the hair band generation.

Shit, you're right. I didn't read the title thread close enough. I was under the impression that everyone thinks any album from that era sucked and you just wanted some good ones. Sorry man.

BTW - anyone who admits he likes a Warrant album has no business correcting anyone....ever...on anything! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Fixed that for you ;)

But I loved Cinderella.

Shit, you're right. I didn't read the title thread close enough. I was under the impression that everyone thinks any album from that era sucked and you just wanted some good ones. Sorry man.

BTW - anyone who admits he likes a Warrant album has no business correcting anyone....ever...on anything! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I hadn't realised that Heartbreak Station sold that much... I'd just read it didn't sell well compared to Night Songs and Long Cold Winter...

I don't like any Warrant album :confused: I despise Warrant... But maybe you weren't referring to me? :P

I think an album could have been popular and sold a lot 20 years ago but be underrated NOW.

Everyone still knows Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, etc. but in my experience, if you try talking to the average person about Cinderella or one of their songs they'll say "WHO??"

Fixed that for you ;)

But I loved Cinderella.

I hadn't realised that Heartbreak Station sold that much... I'd just read it didn't sell well compared to Night Songs and Long Cold Winter...

I don't like any Warrant album :confused: I despise Warrant... But maybe you weren't referring to me? :P

No, the other guy!

It's alright. It doesn't bother me if you guys love or hate a specific band.

I don't make personal judgements on people based on their effection for a band.

I grew up in that era and listened to every band that was out there.

I know a lot of the music was manufactured shit, just to cash in on what was popular and to try and make a buck.

But I think that because of songs like Heaven and Cherry Pie, Warrant got lumped in with what many see at the lower end in terms of quality from that era.

I think if people listened to an album like Dog Eat Dog and some of Warrant's less commerical stuff - they might be pleasantly surprised.

Inspired by this thread i downloaded this album , i must say im impressed , this album is truely musical talent , much better than cinderella's 90's effort. It showcases a good amount of diversity ad doesnt seem to bore me , metallica's black album bored me after i heard the first half , this however kept takin a diffrent direction whilst revolving around the hard rock roots they built there success on , i rate it 4/5

Inspired by this thread i downloaded this album , i must say im impressed , this album is truely musical talent , much better than cinderella's 90's effort. It showcases a good amount of diversity ad doesnt seem to bore me , metallica's black album bored me after i heard the first half , this however kept takin a diffrent direction whilst revolving around the hard rock roots they built there success on , i rate it 4/5

are you talking about Heartbreak Station?

Ahh The Bitter Pill.. God i love that song, the thing with Dog Eat Dog is that was released in a bad time when Grunge was everywhere, that's why it didnt have the same impact as Cherry Pie. Which is a shame 'cause is a great solid album.

This version of The Bitter Pill is brilliant!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0aH3jV9Rj7I :heart:

Ahh The Bitter Pill.. God i love that song, the thing with Dog Eat Dog is that was released in a bad time when Grunge was everywhere, that's why it didnt have the same impact as Cherry Pie. Which is a shame 'cause is a great solid album.

This version of The Bitter Pill is brilliant!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0aH3jV9Rj7I :heart:

Yeah the acoustic version is excellent, better than the original version. One of my top 10 songs :kiss: