The Era of Nu Metal

Vincent Vega

Say what you will about the bands, but at least it got kids interested in metal again. With Metallica and Megadeth dabbling in commercial radio rock, and Maiden and Priest with a shite singer. Metal was dead and buried at the time.

What are you talking about. Tim Ripper Owens who played with Priest back then is awesome (seen him with Iced Earth). rock3

Say what you will about the bands, but at least it got kids interested in metal again. With Metallica and Megadeth dabbling in commercial radio rock, and Maiden and Priest with a shite singer. Metal was dead and buried at the time.

What are you talking about. Tim Ripper Owens who played with Priest back then is awesome (seen him with Iced Earth). rock3

New Priest still didn't get accepted by the public.

New Priest still didn't get accepted by the public.

Yeah, I didn't say that. But I just said that Ripper Owens is an awesome singer. ;)

i dont like the bands, but you have a very valid point my friend.

Those same kids are older, and you see them at Maiden, Slayer, Priest shows now.

Those same kids are older, and you see them at Maiden, Slayer, Priest shows now.

exactly, it got them to a world they likely wouldnt have been to before. Think about all the kidz that went to see limp bizkit and linkin park on the metallica summer tours, or to have seen a nu metal band at ozfest.

I can't say i have hate for the era. Korn has done some qaulity work, my unlce lived next to Wes Boreland and attended his wedding, Crazy Town has a bad rep because of that butterfly song, however that album was solid for the time. Deftones are decent, linkin park was the biggest thing associated with any thing under the rock genre for a while, and with the exception the last album have released some catchy stuff with a trace of roughness running through it. Adema is crazy good. Slipkot and Mudvayne got kids back into rock and metal away from top 40. And papa roach had some good songs, but have now gone to the dark side, and by dark side i don't mean the good dark side.

Edited by steve-o

Im a real fan of Limp Bizkit.

Results May VAry easily their best album in my opinion.

none so of the rest of the genre though.

AMEN TO THAT BUDDY!!!!

Everybody wrote Limp Bizkit off a couple years back........but if you buy some of their latest albums, "Results.." and there is another (that names slips my mind) but anyway....the albums are really good.