The Era of Nu Metal

Vincent Vega

I was REALLY into Korn in 97-99 and I loved Limp Bizkit, too. Not knowing much about music at the time, nu-metal is what I was exposed to on MuchMusic and in a completely superficial sense, I totally dug it. Woodstock was pretty huge and I remember watching the insanity on TV and getting excited about it.

Honestly, most people probably think he's a talentless mofo, but I think Fred Durst was the last truly relevant frontman figure in the rock/metal scene. I personally don't care for the guy, but '99 was absolutely his year of dominance. He was a very short-lived icon, but during his peak, rock/metal as a genre was still on par with hip-hop. Since then, it has been all downhill. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about talent or musical quality, just the resonance with the mass public. They're a joke now, but people often seem to forget how big they were.

Edited by bluesy

I'm still not sure who really belongs in the Nu Metal group, but from the bands that have been mentioned in this thread...

Big fan of early Korn back in the day. They really exploded when I was in highschool and I listened to 'em a lot. Not so much nowadays.

I was late to the party with Deftones, but I think they've done some really great shit. Their drummer is awesome. Still listen to 'em today, and rank Digital Bath as one of my all time fav songs.

Went through a stage where I liked Slipknot. Still kinda like the album they did wih Rick Rubin.

System Of A Down? Do they really count? Anyway, I think these guys are fucking geniuses. Went through a stage recently where I listened to nothing but 'Toxicity' and 'Steal This Album'. Daron sings too much on the last two, but they still rock.

Limp Bizkit I always hated.

Linkin Park. Bought the first album when it first came out. Got sick of 'em pretty quickly. Tried really hard to like the last one they did with Rubin, but it doesn't click with me at all. Have seen them live, though, and I thought they put on a great show.

man I love nu metal,Limp Bizkit is my favorite band,I love Linkin Park,KoRn,Slipkot,SOAD,Adema,Mudvayne,Crazy Town,Soulfly,Papa Roach,Drowning Pool,Deftones and many more

:vomit:

Can`t stand the shit... Realy, it is dead boring, and they all sounds the same.

Im a real fan of Limp Bizkit.

Results May VAry easily their best album in my opinion.

none so of the rest of the genre though.

Same here. I fucking love the Results May Vary album. I've listened to their other stuff,it doesn't even come close imho.

Big fan of the early Korn albums Korn and Life Is Peachy.