Micheal Jackson-Thriller

SunnyDRE

Apparently he's gonna release a 25th anniversary edition of Thriller with artists such as Akon, Fergie and Kanye, so he really hasn't been doing a new record with these people as mentioned but just reworking an old one. Personally I think this might fuck this album's rep up a bit, I mean Kanye is the best rapper/producer around at the present time, but I think rapping on Thriller might clash with it, maybe seem a tad anachronistic. As for Fergie and Akon on this album....ummmm Michael, you're a fuckwit. He says he wants Thriller to keep lasting for generations to come, unfortunately I think for MJ, his 25th anniversary edition will just be little more than a promo to sell the actual album because no one wants to hear fucking Akon singing "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'".

Yeah, but these are just the bonuis tracks. The originals are there as well.

Apparently he's gonna release a 25th anniversary edition of Thriller with artists such as Akon, Fergie and Kanye

Worst. idea. ever.

Next to "Hey, I should really kick all those guys out of my band and start doing my own thing, you know", as thought by Axl Rose.

I still can't believe that one of the best albums ever is going to be ruined like that. Even after 25 years Thriller is awesome, and I don't understand why he thought anything needed to be changed.

Apparently he's gonna release a 25th anniversary edition of Thriller with artists such as Akon, Fergie and Kanye

Worst. idea. ever.

Next to "Hey, I should really kick all those guys out of my band and start doing my own thing, you know", as thought by Axl Rose.

I still can't believe that one of the best albums ever is going to be ruined like that. Even after 25 years Thriller is awesome, and I don't understand why he thought anything needed to be changed.

There should actually be some kind of law against this kind of thing. 'Reimagining' albums, daft country versions and special acoustic versions of rock albums sold in Starbucks. Stop it. If you need to keep the label happy do a live album or a covers album or release some b-sides.

Edited by ADPT

Worst. idea. ever.

There should actually be a some kind of law against this kind of thing. 'Reimagining' albums, daft country versions and special acoustic versions of rock albums sold in Starbucks. Stop it. If you need to keep the label happy do a live album or a covers album or release some b-sides.

I dunno. I always find cover versions quite interesting. If they turn out to be shite then I think it only serves to add more credence to the original versions.

It maybe helps you appreciate how good the originals were.

In this case I think it'll be hard to top Thriller with some horrible R&B "One Time", "Two Times" type covers.

M J was a good music artist.... but kids should be kept 50 feet away at all times.

A Brief History of MJ:

-Star at 5 years old

-produced the biggest selling album in the world

-OWNED THE BEATLES

-MARRIED ELVIS'S DAUGHTER

Not bad bad for a freak, huh?

Edited by SunnyDRE

M J was a good music artist.... but kids should be kept 50 feet away at all times.

A Brief History of MJ:

-Star at 5 years old

-produced the biggest selling album in the world

-OWNED THE BEATLES

-MARRIED ELVIS'S DAUGHTER

Not bad bad for a freak, huh?

And became the probably best known musician ever.

And I think he had 24 number 1 hits.

I found these on youtube, I guess they are the remixes:

Billie Jean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkN5l7x6clA

P.Y.T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNzsR0WJaA

The Girl Is Mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqawOudwNCI

Beat It

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_4rrSNdYCg

And that is a song that was not included on the Thriller album but will be on this version of Thriller:

For All Time (by far the best of them):