Ozzy Osbourne, January 31st, Live at the Cumberland County Civic Center

Mansin Humanity

Well, it was finally the day. The concert had been postponed from the 3rd due to Ozzy being sick. But the wait was over. Would it be worth

it?

Hell yes.

I bought a sweet shirt, a sticker, and a pin to give to a teacher who had been giving me a lot of shit about ozzy. In the stands, i bought another cool shirt for a lower price. About 20 minutes after the opening band (Twisted Roots, they weren't that bad) left the stage, spoofs of TV shows with Ozzy in them starting playing on a big curtain in front of the stage. He was put into shows and movies such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Lost, The Sopranos, The Office, Entourage, and Wedding Crashers, which were all hilarious. They end, and the curtain goes black with a bunch of crosses, as some intense music plays. Right before the music got started (which dragged on), you could hear ozzy scream something incomprehensible. I sat by the side of the stage, so we could see the man behind the curtain. Before it dropped, he pointed over to our side and got us going. This was during an extended intro to I Don't Wanna Stop. The riff kicks in, and the curtain drops. Crowd goes batshit insane. Perfect opener, amazing song. IDWS ends, and ozzy yells "ARE YOU READY TO GO FUCKING CRAZY!? I CANT FUCKING HEAR YOU!!!!!! ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and the band starts up Crazy Train. Possibly the best song of the night, everyone in the band and crowd were mental. Incredible 1-2 punch to kick things off. Quick break, and Ozzy tells us about how the next song got him in a lot of trouble back in the day, and how he doesn't give a fuck. The song was suicide solution, which was a slower song but kept up the energy in a fine way. Great song. Up next was Mr. Crowley. Awesome song with a ton of pyro, I could feel it all the way up where I was sitting, or standing if you want to call it that. Before Crowley, Ozzy apologized for cancelling the first time around. Following was Not Going Away, a song of his new album. One of my favorites of the night. Ozzy did this hilarious robot dance during the intro. After NGA was Road to Nowhere, the first of two power ballads of the night. Ozzy is the master of a great power ballad. He lead us through a great singalong on a fantastic song accented by an amazing solo by Zakk Wylde. The next song was Bark at the Moon, one i'd been looking foward to. Before this one Ozzy introduced the band, getting us to yell louder than we originally did for each member. After, they went right into BATM. Fantastic song, another favorite of the night. The band then left the stage. What the fuck? A 7 song set? But no! Zakk Wylde was still up there and we were treated to a 8-10 minute guitar solo! Shredded, made sweet effects with the whammy bar, played behind his back, played with his teeth. For the last two minutes, he came to our side of the stage and sat down at the edge. He played some more, and oh shit, his guitar stopped working. He fiddled with it a bit, got nothing, unplugged it, and tossed it into the crowd. About 10 people grabbed it, but security intervened and gave it to a roadie before anything broke out. It was not what anyone wanted to happen, but tossing the guitar was still really cool. The band comes bck out and starts playing I Don't Know, a favorite of mine. A powerful song to get back in to the main set. Following IDK was I Don't Want To Change The World. Fantastic song to end the set. The band went off, but ozzy stayed by the side of the stage, and got us to scream as loud as we fucking could. He started a chant of One More Song, and we finally got the band to come back out. They started up Mama I'm Coming Home, which got a huge response from the crowd. Another great song, Zakk used a double neck SG for this one. The last song followed. What better to close with than Paranoid? Everyone went fucking mental. Great closer to a fantastic show. Zakk played the solo behind his back. The band went to the middle and gave a final bow as Ozzy told us to scream louder and louder, when finally zakk grabbed the mic and yelled "IS THAT HOW YOU PUSSIES TALK!?" I felt honored to be insulted by Zakk Wylde. They set off about 50 fireworks/explosions in a row, LOUD. And hot. What a night. Worth the wait, every minute.

NOTES:

- During Crazy Train and Suicide Solution, Ozzy assaulted the first few rows on the floor with water and foam, respectively.

- Lots and lots and lots of pyro!

- Very loud

- 9.5/10, amazing show, but ozzy missed a few notes and it couldve been a bit longer.

GO SEE HIM IF YOU GET THE CHANCE, HE WON'T BE AROUND MUCH LONGER!

Pics of show and merch will be up later.

Awesome review man!

It's a shame Rob wasn't with him for this show but I'm glad Ozzy rocked for ya!

EDIT: By the way, which shirt did you get?

I got the black one with Ozzy standing on the front and the black rain falling and on the back is the new big logo. I also got the Holy Water and a Black Rain Logo bandana. And when we were leaving we bought another shirt that someone was selling with Rob and Ozzy both on it and it for $10. Really neat.

Edited by Axls_Shorts_Rule

Awesome review man!

It's a shame Rob wasn't with him for this show but I'm glad Ozzy rocked for ya!

EDIT: By the way, which shirt did you get?

I got the black one with Ozzy standing on the front and the black rain falling and on the back is the new big logo. I also got the Holy Water and a Black Rain Logo bandana. And when we were leaving we bought another shirt that someone was selling with Rob and Ozzy both on it and it for $10. Really neat.

i got the shirt similar to that, the one with him standing in the rain but with Black Rain (words) and the cities on the back