Sid Vicious

ffrankwhite

Sid Vicious is the reason why every punk these days drinks,get in fights a lotand talks about "anarchy" most of the time,whit out having the slightest clue.This guy singlehandedly turned 85% of punks into retards.

And just the fact that he destroyed is life with drugs makes him nothing more than a dumb fuck

Johnny Rotten IS Sex Pistols,Sid Vicious can rot in hell for all i care.

Sid Vicious is the reason why every punk these days drinks,get in fights a lotand talks about "anarchy" most of the time,whit out having the slightest clue.This guy singlehandedly turned 85% of punks into retards.

And just the fact that he destroyed is life with drugs makes him nothing more than a dumb fuck

I for one do not give a fuck what you say and cannot take you serious. Your music taste is shit, but i respect it... its when you start personally attacking somebody (Sid in this case) for no reason whats so ever. He died and this is a tribute to him. Why come in and start critisising him? He has done more for music than Limp Bizkit and Nickelback has ever done.

I'm sorry for the outlash but I get annoyed when somebody starts pumping up Nickelback and then freely attacks a music legend.

Junkie? Yes. A terrible musician? Yes. A legend in his own right? Fuck yes.

A murderer? We will never know and frankly I dont care.

To say Rotten is the Sex Pistols is a little rich. I would say Steve Jones is as much as Johnny. The sounds he got with his guitars on Never Mind The Bollocks is so perfect that its hard to ignore.

RIP Sid.

duff21

Edited by duff_mckagan21

He has done more for music than Limp Bizkit and Nickelback has ever done.

I'm sorry for the outlash but I get annoyed when somebody starts pumping up Nickelback and then freely attacks a music legend.

:rofl-lol:

First of all,I'll say the Limp Bizkit and Nickelback have done most likely done nothing to music,whether that is a good or a bad thing is for everybody to decide on their own.(And on a side note,I just love the fact,that everybody brings in LB nomatter what the argument in music is.)

But Sid Vicious a music legend? :rolleyes:

This guy would be a minor footnote in SP,if only had he hadn't had such a negative image influence on the whole punk scene(like I mentioned above),he turned punk from DIY to "if I act all punk and stuff ,it doesn't matter that I'm a wretched musician even by punk standards".

When he was hired by Sex Pistols,it almost singlehandedly destroyed their credibility.

If this guy just had made bad music,fine, everybody has different music tastes,I would not bother posting here then,but this guy is so negative in every other way,that it beggars beyond belief,that anybody would worship this guy.

This isn't a conflict of music tastes,this is more of a conflict of worldviews.

Krissirges music taste used to be good when he loved Burzum!

edit: Sid is over-rated.....C'mon the best punk band is easily Misfits..Look what came out of them...Glenn Danzig..

And imo GG Allin is the punk icon fuck Sid Vicious.

Edited by KingsOfTheCarnivalCreation

from findagrave.com:

'Musician. Member of the Sex Pistols. The location of ashes are unknown but they were most likely scattered on his girlfriend's Philadelphia grave in King David Cemetery (Nancy Spungen). Some believe that his mother tipped over his urn in Heathrow Airport, sending the bulk of his ashes into the airflow system of the airport.'

so 300 odd people could have breathed Sid Vicious for an hour or so....

(And on a side note,I just love the fact,that everybody brings in LB nomatter what the argument in music is.)

It's a little hard not to when you shove it in our face so prominently through your avatar and sig, your making a clear statement.

I don't know where the hell your from and I won't try to pronounce it but the bands you adore were 'trendy'. Their popularity was based on their place in the spectrum of pop culture, once they no longer held that place people could see the music for what it is.

I won't try to convince you Posion and Limp Bizkit were merely image bands who's gimmick faded eons ago, but if you really find their music so damn enlightening and profound maybe you should check up on other image bands like Milli Vanilli.

you know,since you love to gawk at my avatar so much,just look a few lines below,there is my address ;)

Oh the irony,when you are talking about image bands in a thread for Sid Vicious.Heck even the guys from Milli Vanilli could actually sing,Sid Vicious couldn't even do that.

And since when I have said that I find LB and Poison so "enlightening".I'm a math geek(first semester completed university level) , so I find it rather annoying, when people tell me how music is supposed to be "thought-provoking","enlightening" or what other kind of fancy words you like to use.I like my messages to be simple,so I for one actually give current mainstream radio a chance and find songs that I like(personally,80's pop is still my favorite,I ain't a fan of Milli Vanilli,but I got Paula Abdul's greatest hits recently,i recommend it to you,some good stuff there).But thats alright,I won't try to convince you to lose you snobbish ways about music

And last of all,the message of most Poison songs is that life's supposed to be fun.Not being around their MTV heyday,the image clearly is an afterthought for me,but hey,you find it impossible for people to enjoy the music,not the image.I feel sorry for you.

you know,since you love to gawk at my avatar so much,just look a few lines below,there is my address ;)

Oh the irony,when you are talking about image bands in a thread for Sid Vicious.Heck even the guys from Milli Vanilli could actually sing,Sid Vicious couldn't even do that.

And since when I have said that I find LB and Poison so "enlightening".I'm a math geek(first semester completed university level) , so I find it rather annoying, when people tell me how music is supposed to be "thought-provoking","enlightening" or what other kind of fancy words you like to use.I like my messages to be simple,so I for one actually give current mainstream radio a chance and find songs that I like(personally,80's pop is still my favorite,I ain't a fan of Milli Vanilli,but I got Paula Abdul's greatest hits recently,i recommend it to you,some good stuff there).But thats alright,I won't try to convince you to lose you snobbish ways about music

And last of all,the message of most Poison songs is that life's supposed to be fun.Not being around their MTV heyday,the image clearly is an afterthought for me,but hey,you find it impossible for people to enjoy the music,not the image.I feel sorry for you.

You attacked an iconic rock figure and lambasted him for being a drug addict. :rolleyes: Please

Music can be lots of different things, I didn't mean to imply that all of it has to be grand.

But god man, your listing Limp Bizkit albums in greatest album ever threads and spreading the word of how great they are six years after they became totally irrelevant. I've read where you've dissed alot of iconic music groups while holding that stupid Fred Durst illustration for all to see, it's kind of like being in the twilight zone where black is white and good is bad.

I just find it insulting frankly when you can openly diss some of musics most important bands and figures while at the same time revering some of the worst.

Have you picked up Vanilla Ice's greatest hits yet? It's right up your ally.

You attacked an iconic rock figure and lambasted him for being a drug addict. :rolleyes: Please

Music can be lots of different things, I didn't mean to imply that all of it has to be grand.

But god man, your listing Limp Bizkit albums in greatest album ever threads and spreading the word of how great they are six years after they became totally irrelevant. I've read where you've dissed alot of iconic music groups while holding that stupid Fred Durst illustration for all to see, it's kind of like being in the twilight zone where black is white and good is bad.

I just find it insulting frankly when you can openly diss some of musics most important bands and figures while at the same time revering some of the worst.

Have you picked up Vanilla Ice's greatest hits yet? It's right up your ally.

Personally,I don't approve any rock star that succumbs to drugs,drugs are always a hindrance.I rather be squeaky clean than somebody that is addicted.Shame that a lot of people seem to agree otherwise.

And since Sid Vicious was a controversial figure,its natural that the opinion of this guy can vary a lot.

So,if I find Limp Bizkit albums really good and some of the "iconic " bands bad,then what is wrong with that.I was under the impression that the people in this forum have just one similarity,they all like GNR.If you are thinking that everybody in this forum is supposed to like Beatles,Doors,Stones and so on and hate all the "image" bands,well,sir,you are the one,that wants this to be a twilight zone.And whats wrong with enjoying a bands music after they become irrelevant commercially,if songs sounded good back then to a lot of people,why not today.And i consider the reason that LB last album flopped was that it was released without any promotion(no tour,no commercials,no single,no video).Heck how many people even knew that the made another album after Results May Vary(which was bad).

I haven't complained that maybe I find the Beatles or Stones illustration stupid or offensive(which they aren't),but my god,if just the picture of a band can piss you off,let alone the music,then dude,you gotta take a deep breath and repeat to yourself "This is just music."

You act like attack on bands equal to personal insults.Music doesn't make a person,not even close.So to all Beatles,Stones fans,no worries,have no beef against you.

P.S. The only Vanilla Ice I have is Hard To Swallow,the Ross Robinson produced rap-metal album he made in the late 90's.Not bad actually,good rap metal cover of Ice Ice Baby.

Personally,I don't approve any rock star that succumbs to drugs,drugs are always a hindrance.I rather be squeaky clean than somebody that is addicted.Shame that a lot of people seem to agree otherwise.

And since Sid Vicious was a controversial figure,its natural that the opinion of this guy can vary a lot.

So,if I find Limp Bizkit albums really good and some of the "iconic " bands bad,then what is wrong with that.I was under the impression that the people in this forum have just one similarity,they all like GNR.If you are thinking that everybody in this forum is supposed to like Beatles,Doors,Stones and so on and hate all the "image" bands,well,sir,you are the one,that wants this to be a twilight zone.And whats wrong with enjoying a bands music after they become irrelevant commercially,if songs sounded good back then to a lot of people,why not today.And i consider the reason that LB last album flopped was that it was released without any promotion(no tour,no commercials,no single,no video).Heck how many people even knew that the made another album after Results May Vary(which was bad).

I haven't complained that maybe I find the Beatles or Stones illustration stupid or offensive(which they aren't),but my god,if just the picture of a band can piss you off,let alone the music,then dude,you gotta take a deep breath and repeat to yourself "This is just music."

You act like attack on bands equal to personal insults.Music doesn't make a person,not even close.So to all Beatles,Stones fans,no worries,have no beef against you.

P.S. The only Vanilla Ice I have is Hard To Swallow,the Ross Robinson produced rap-metal album he made in the late 90's.Not bad actually,good rap metal cover of Ice Ice Baby.

Not always actually, in some cases yes, but just look at Aerosmith, Guns, Zeppelin, Hendrix and the Stones. Some of their best material was written while they were high as as a kite or dancing with Mr. Brownstone. In some cases it can increase their creativity and inspire them. Coma is in my opinion one of GN'R's finest moments, and Slash wrote it while he was stoned off his ass. Although sometimes yes, it can fuck up someone's talent and render them practically useless.

Edited by UseYourAppetite

I don't know enough about him to have a feeling on the subject, but every basket case leaves somebody behind.

just a mother...and shes dead too now. in 98 i think it was. after rotten rather coldly referred to him as "a coat hanger to fill an empty space onstage" to justify their redrafting in Glenn Matlock for the vacant bass player position. thats not to say one thing was as a result of the other.

i like how everyone forgets vicious used to play drums for souxie & the banshees

because he wasnt...he sat in on one gig.

@krissirge: Sid stood for something in regards to the attitude of a scene. His life is almost a metaphor for it. Young, innocent in ways, a complete asshole in others, embodiment of nihilistic joy, of confusion...all sorts of things. that doesnt necessarily mean he has to be a good person. musically or even morally. Human beings are not necessarily wholly defined by their actions. Sids life is/was a tragedy...on a human level.

And imo GG Allin is the punk icon fuck Sid Vicious

damn, a GG fan, i thought i was the only one :lol:

Edited by ffrankwhite

• 11 months later...