Question for Jack Kerouac fans

ffrankwhite

did he cover some of the exact same stuff/instances/stories only in different books? i.e. parts of Lonesome Traveller and Desolation Angels seem to be referring to the same thing...in huge amounts. anyone know?

EDIT: shit, this is in the wrong section...can someone move it? :lol: its a monday, gimme a break..

Edited by ffrankwhite

Thats most likely because "Lonesome Traveller" isn't a Jack Kerouac novel in the traditional sense (not taking part in the semi-autobiographical chronological series of works that Kerouac was going to entitle the "Dululoz Legend", inspired by Faust.) Instead it was a collection of journal entries and odds and ends. I think he may have even had bits of it published in literary magazines e.t.c but I'm not definate on that.

Another example of this would be when Kerouac had "The Mexican Girl" published which was an excerpt from "On the Road" when he meets up with Terry.

Thats most likely because "Lonesome Traveller" isn't a Jack Kerouac novel in the traditional sense (not taking part in the semi-autobiographical chronological series of works that Kerouac was going to entitle the "Dululoz Legend", inspired by Faust.) Instead it was a collection of journal entries and odds and ends. I think he may have even had bits of it published in literary magazines e.t.c but I'm not definate on that.

Another example of this would be when Kerouac had "The Mexican Girl" published which was an excerpt from "On the Road" when he meets up with Terry.

i was thinkin the same thing actually cuz its like that in a couple of other instances huh? like that play of his Beat Generation that they found in some warehouse in Jersey a couple years back and released, its actually just a chunk of Desolation Angels in play-form. thanx though for clearing that up :)

i was thinkin the same thing actually cuz its like that in a couple of other instances huh? like that play of his Beat Generation that they found in some warehouse in Jersey a couple years back and released, its actually just a chunk of Desolation Angels in play-form. thanx though for clearing that up :)

No worries. I've never read that "Beat Generation" play, have you? How is it?