Download 2008

kevdo242

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck sec.

that sucks.

one year we have Metallica and Guns N Roses, the Next we Have Megadeth and Iron Maiden.

this year, pile of shite.

not one proper heavy band there. :(

Oh hell naw, you did not just say that. Did you not notice Priest? If Priest were any more metal, they'd be titanium. :)

(Yes, I realize that was a stupid joke, FUCK YOU ALL)

fuck sec.

that sucks.

one year we have Metallica and Guns N Roses, the Next we Have Megadeth and Iron Maiden.

Megadeth bored the shit out of me last year.

They were alright. Crowd was insane at least. Dragonforce were godawful though.

im not wasting money on that. thats crap. I hate Kiss (literally hate nearly every single song), lostprohets and the offspring (apart from stuff off smash).

Priest are good but theyre not in my top 10. Motorhead are great live but more suited to a small venue.

a load of CRAP!!

i wonder if theyll put a decent band on at reading this year?

Edited by Big Boy Sixxx

Never even heard of lostprophets.

Their first album - The Fake Sound Of Progress - wasn't that bad actually. Then they decided to turn into emo shit.... :(

Yep, they're just a scene band. If jazz-funk became the next big thing, they'd jump on the bandwagon.

This is sooooo funny!!!! People are complaing about Offspring (kickass band btw! ) being headlining 08, when Evanescence headlined 07!!!!!! :rofl-lol: Ev is my favorite band, but it's nowhere near the right show for them to play, being a alt-rock band playing a metal show.But seriously it's not like Avril bubblgum is playing.

Never even heard of lostprophets.

Their first album - The Fake Sound Of Progress - wasn't that bad actually. Then they decided to turn into emo shit.... :(

Meh, disagree. There's emo and there's Lostprophets; I can't do emo, and the Lostprophets are a great band.

I'm yet to see The Offspring, I had a chance in 02 at Leeds, but I was too ill to make it... although I did finally drag my sorry ass to see Axl and the boys. ;) Did The Offspring do Download 06? I can't remember.

Edited by Leigh-Rok!

fuck sec.

that sucks.

Oh hell naw, you did not just say that. Did you not notice Priest? If Priest were any more metal, they'd be titanium. :)

perhaps, but im not a fan of that older metal ya know.

and that joke was funny, but that joke was god awful :lol:

This is sooooo funny!!!! People are complaing about Offspring (kickass band btw! ) being headlining 08, when Evanescence headlined 07!!!!!! :rofl-lol:

not to mention MCR(GAY!!!!!) last year.

bigest pile of gay ever.

fuck sec.

that sucks.

perhaps, but im not a fan of that older metal ya know.

What the hell do you think Maiden is? :lol:

This is sooooo funny!!!! People are complaing about Offspring (kickass band btw! ) being headlining 08, when Evanescence headlined 07!!!!!! :rofl-lol:

bigest pile of gay ever.

I'll pretend you didn't type that. :angry:

bigest pile of gay ever.

Coming from an Enter Shikari fan, thats pretty rich. Especially when you go off about emo, when ES are the most emo band about these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Arizona Emo kings Jimmy Eat World have confirmed their appearance at this year's Kerrang!-sponsored Download Festival.

Other bands set to join the three-dayer - which takes place at Donington Park on June 13, 14 and 15 - include Chris Cornell, a solo appearance from Korn frontman Jonathan Davis, Job For A Cowboy and 36 Crazyfists.

"We can't wait to play the Download Festival," says Jimmy Eat World frontman Jim Adkins. "We fully expect there to be balls to the wall rock. And roll!"

"I'm very excited to be coming back to UK this summer and playing Download," adds Chris Cornell. "Audioslave played a few years back and we had an awesome time. Download will get our most rocking performance from latest unreleased work going back to Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog and Audioslave!

"We're honoured to be invited back again this year!" says Job For A Cowboy guitarist Ravi Bhadriraju. "Bloody Marys saved my Download last time! What will save yours this year? England has always welcomed us with open arms. So grab your tents, some brew and come and headbang with us for 30 minutes!"

The Kerrang!-sponsored Download festival will be headlined by: Kiss, The Offspring and Lostprophets

The full list of other bands on the bill so far is as follows: 36 Crazy Fists, Alter Bridge, Children Of Bodom, Chris Cornell, Coheed & Cambria, Disturbed, HIM, In Flames, Job For A Cowboy, Jonathan Davis, Jimmy Eat World, Incubus, Judas Priest, Motorhead and Rise Against.

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/02/jimmy_eat_...chris_corn.html