Worst 'Sweden Rock Festival' ever

Guest Iron Fist SS

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

A few moments ago I checked www.swedenrock.com just to see if there was any new bands to come here. Besides shitbands like Def Leppard and Whitesnake one of the headliners will be Poison. Last year we got Aerosmith and this year we get... POISON! :no:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I can. There are 3 bands here which I like. Judas, Saxon and Mustasch. The rest of the ones I know are utter crap.

loggos_feb5.jpg

Haven't heard much of Triumph though, so I don't know if they are good.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

The only bands on SRF this year I "want" to see is Tesla & Mustasch... :(

If I'd go I would naturally see Judas Priest, and Def Leppard and Whitesnake just because :P

But in general I gotta agree with you, last year I really wanted to go but this year I'm not interested at all...

You should at least go and see Judas Priest, they are beyond awesome live!

Yeah, I agree with you, it's a pretty shitty lineup compared what they've used to had.

A couple of years ago they had Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent and Motörhead!

That's one sick lineup!

Judas Priest,Def Leppard,Whitesnake,Poison(who haven't toured Europe in how long now?),Tesla,Testament,Carcass,Blue Öyster Cult

I can't see anything to complain.

Agreed, if i had time and was in town id sure get me a ticket for that lineup.. rock4

POISON IS ROCK&ROLL rock4rock3rock4rock3rock4rock3

I can. There are 3 bands here which I like. Judas, Saxon and Mustasch. The rest of the ones I know are utter crap.

loggos_feb5.jpg

Haven't heard much of Triumph though, so I don't know if they are good.

Triumph??..interesting

I wonder if it's the original line up?If Rik Emmett is back it could be alright...damn good guitarist!

Triumph??..interesting

I wonder if it's the original line up?If Rik Emmett is back it could be alright...damn good guitarist!

If I remember correctly it's the original line-up :) I hadn't even heard of the band before they were announced, worth checking out?

Triumph??..interesting

If I remember correctly it's the original line-up :) I hadn't even heard of the band before they were announced, worth checking out?

I just did some checking,it is the original line up!

link

They were big enough that they could sell out arenas across North America in the 80's.

I was more of a fan around the Rock and Roll Machine era in the 70's.

Saw them a few times in 2,000-3,000 seat venues before they hit the big time.

(In the early days I went to a Triumph record signing/meet and greet at a record store the day of their gig...3 people showed up,no one had heard of them yet).

I thought they were a bit of a wank in the 80's...but hey,if they tour Canada,I'll be there...(as a fan of their 70's material).

Rik Emmett smokes on guitar...you WILL notice his skills if you see them live.

Edited by zint61