Regina Spektor

FunkyMonk

Now I know this won't be to everyones taste around here, but by god it should be, and if you like her then more power to you.

She is just amazing. Now I haven't delved really into her work before her most recent album, but I really should soon because it will no doubt be great too.

Fidelity [Music video].

I just chose that song because not only is it great, it's pretty accessible too for people who haven't listened to her, and the live version just shows that song so simply and that she is just pure talent (I've also got the studio version there because I love the bass and it's just really well done in the studio, really captures the magic). She just has the most touching voice I have heard in a long time, it's very sweet and innocent, yet she just pulls all this power out of nowhere and it truly blows me away. Such a powerful voice. 

She truly is breathtaking, and just such a raw true talent. If it's not your sort of music...make it your sort of music; it'll be worth it.

Oh and she ain't too hard on the eyes either ;) . Very very pretty. 

Edited by FunkyMonk

To get back on topic I lvoe the woman! :lol:

I saw her live last year and she's fantastic; her voice is just amazing and her song writing skills always touch or amuse me in some manner -Poor Little Rich Boy is a work of pure musical genius!

In fact the whole of Soviet Kitsch (I canny spell maaan.) is fabulous.

She's a stunner aswell :wub:

..although granted her name sounds like Vagina Inspector. :lol:

xDSGx

I downloaded that last night and have been listening to it all day, it really is great. Great album cover too. 

Awesome to see other people that listen to her :).

Edited by FunkyMonk

hey, her name kinda sounds like.........uh, reflector :unsure:

:rofl-lol: i'm an adult..

it reads more like...vagina inspector.

:mellow:

somebody got the joke then :xmassrudolph:

Aw man I'm such an idiot :lol:...I totally didn't get that cause I pronounce it like "Regeena".

• 3 weeks later...

30.gif

I'm going to keep bumping this thread until this forum turns into myreginaspektorforum.com.

I demand everyone to download 11:11, you'll love it (especially if you like quirky piano based music).

I'd give it up man, I've started three threads in her honour :lol:

Noone cares about Regina :(

Well it's their loss :devil: .

This can just be our thread :lol:. Have you ever seen her in an interview or anything? She's so cute and soft spoken. She's my type of gal.

I do.

I think she's great.

Have all her albums and I'd particularly recommend "Songs" and "Begin to Hope"...

I'd say, go google them along with "rapidshare.com"... :)

Joanna Newsom is also worth a listen and in a similar vein if you're into that sort of thing.

I'd give it up man, I've started three threads in her honour :lol:

This can just be our thread :lol:. Have you ever seen her in an interview or anything? She's so cute and soft spoken. She's my type of gal.

I've never heard her in an interview but I saw her live last year; she's got such a cute voice when she speaks.

She sounds like a little kid thats manipulating their mother :lol:

She is adorable, huh? :wub:

147765252_bc7456b233.jpg

Check those eyes and lips :heart:

Noone cares about Regina

I do.

I think she's great.

Have all her albums and I'd particularly recommend "Songs" and "Begin to Hope"...

I'd say, go google them along with "rapidshare.com"...

Joanna Newsom is also worth a listen and in a similar vein if you're into that sort of thing.

I haven't got Songs, but I'll definitely be getting it in the future :). I'll check out this Joanna Newsom girl as well, cheers.

I'd give it up man, I've started three threads in her honour

Noone cares about Regina

This can just be our thread :lol: . Have you ever seen her in an interview or anything? She's so cute and soft spoken. She's my type of gal.

I've never heard her in an interview but I saw her live last year; she's got such a cute voice when she speaks.

She sounds like a little kid thats manipulating their mother

She is adorable, huh? :wub:

Ha she sure is  :wub:

She's more than a little playful too which is awesome:

regina.jpg

Alright, I watched the first vid and I got to say I like that song... So I'm downloading some of her stuff and I'll get back to you. But go to my damn Liam Finn thread. The dude is fricking incredible! liam finn!!!

Haha glad to hear it man, I'll go to your thread ;).