Radiohead makes an R&B Album!!!

SunnyDRE

So anyone else digging this album.

I actually prefer it over the new Radiohead album, which I do like.

If you haven't heard it and you are a fan of Radiohead, I recommend it.

Just don't expect guitars at all. On this album Thom Yorke takes the best moments on Kid A and Amnesiac and adds a new twist.

I think it sounds like a R&B album myself, a lost Prince album perhaps.

I swear to god if the title single "The Eraser" was sung by John Legend, Usher, or any R&B singer. It would own the Radio.

Edit: Wrong section. My bad.

I have to stop smoking!!

Edited by SunnyDRE

I swear to god if the title single "The Eraser" was sung by John Legend, Usher, or any R&B singer. It would own the Radio.

Hmm, I think John Mayer or someone may have said the same thing about the album! I'll have to look it up.

I think it's a great album! One of my favorites. Some of Thom's lyrics, which are quite brilliant, are hard to understand without reading them first. They've got lyrics scans from the Japanese lyrics booklet here.

"Peel all of your layers off I want to eat your artichoke heart"

Oh my... :wub:

So anyone else digging this album.

I actually prefer it over the new Radiohead album, which I do like.

If you haven't heard it and you are a fan of Radiohead, I recommend it.

Just don't expect guitars at all. On this album Thom Yorke takes the best moments on Kid A and Amnesiac and adds a new twist.

I think it sounds like a R&B album myself, a lost Prince album perhaps.

Edit: Wrong section. My bad.

I have to stop smoking!!

I think it's a masterpiece, but I wouldn't call it R&B by any stretch. It's the same kind of sound used in Kid A, leading many to call it Kid B. It's quite lovely, nonetheless.

The only relation it would have to R&B is that one hip hop artist used The Eraser music as a backdrop for one of his songs. I forget his name.

BTW, I have to ask who that fine looking woman is in your avatar. It's not clear, but it looks just like my bride-to-be from the general outline.

Hmm, I think John Mayer or someone may have said the same thing about the album! I'll have to look it up.

I think it's a great album! One of my favorites. Some of Thom's lyrics, which are quite brilliant, are hard to understand without reading them first. They've got lyrics scans from the Japanese lyrics booklet here.

"Peel all of your layers off I want to eat your artichoke heart"

Oh my... :wub:

Yes Mayer did say that, but I remember telling my best friend the same thing a year before.

He thought I was crazy.......until he read Mayer say it and heard the album.