GUNS 2 ROSES COMING TO SLOVENIA *UPDATED now 2 Slovenia dates*

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who filmed all that? did they get the complete show? they are different angles to the one we got

heres another part from when i lost my hat lol

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3951260982691053173

Someone told me HSBC was a Slovenian word lol i was so drunk!

"your a superb audience i love you all" then a drink gets thrown! Superb!! :D

Edited by G2R_AXL

Hey guys great playing for you

Here is one of the first news reports + live clips. God damn i look bloated in this interview! We are so wasted from the night before and already on the Jagermeister during that interview :rofl-lol:

http://studio.delo.si/20080406_1742

Hey dude, that Estranged clip from that interview was fucking BAD ASS rock3

Come to Norway and play it for me :D

Hey all!

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone for coming down and supporting the band in Ljubljana, and if you were there and wondering why the keyboard player kept on disappearing into the shadows, it was because... well I was very ill from drinking too much the night before and had to go offstage to throw up!

... I'm fine now though.

Really can't wait to come back and see you all again, and this time I hope to be onstage for ALL of the show ;-P

also going to try and bring my originals band over at some point so if you guys fancy checking us out, please drop by and say hello

www.myspace.com/vytlsyne

thanks guys!

Davey CrAsh - (keys, BVs ... and a tambourine)

Just watched press interview.. at the end was said you guys coming here again in July (obvious) and even in September an October .... Anything confirmed of those 2 gigs? It'd be more then awesome to see you again rock3

Hey Davey - the keys were awesome rock3 rock3

and jumping all over stage was awesome too rock3

And fall to pieces singing was awesome also rock3:D

You all just fuckin' rock rock3

ha ha! awesome... I mean... great! (think you monopolised the word "awesome" there!)

I had a really good time when I WAS on the stage ;)

ha ha!

thanks Mango

What's the big deal with these coverbands?

I can't imagine that it's fun for anyone else than those who play in the band.

That just the quote you'd expect from someone thats obviously so jealous :rofl-lol:

"I can't imagine that it's fun for anyone else than those who play in the band"

It was sure as hell fun for the 3000+ that were at that concert! The videos show everything! Not to mentioned the fans on here and G2R's thousands of UK fans!

Love this stuff guys let us know if theres to be a dvd release!

well to tell you the truth I would say the same for an ac/dc or aerosmith cover band...but since I have no chance of seeing the original gn'r and since g2r sounds pretty close to some of the live performances I heard, I'll gladly use the opportunity (even though I had to close my eyes a few times:)) and they were great...

p.s.

just so you won't get only good stuff said, you did butcher november rain, but I guess the jaggermeister had something to do with that...axl you should've left that guy from the audience drink his half bottle like he wanted:) which also reminds me that if you wanna drink in slovenia, don't offer it to people...

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I liked the clips that someone posted. Do they have any site with free downloads or something?

By the way Raw Power, what does it matter if they are a coverband as long as their music is good? ;)

A tip for you. Don't come to Sweden. Or atleast not my town. You would get an audience of maximum 20 people here. And they wouldn't come to see you, they'd come to drink and maybe listen just because you were there at the same moment.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I hate to be jealous not to enjoy coverbands?

Go ahead and tour around using your life to play other peoples music, I prefer to try playing my own music.

You prefer playing your own music and thats why no one will ever know who you are cos your here bitching about coverbands!

And in this day and age playing your own music gets you no where fast.

Tribute / Cover bands is the latest craze hitting the planet. Its happening with all bands.

Guns 2 Roses have members doing their own original bands and they support G2R so they can get maximum exposure at top venues around the world which is geneius if you ask me ! The interviews tell you that. They all do big things in other aspects entertainment as well G2R.

The difference is between them and you is they have a great thing going on and you are an over critical jealous 19 year old who doesn't have a fucking clue!

Raw power, I've been a fan of gn'r music for as long as I can remember...if I had a chance to see them live I'd go for it in a second, no matter what the cost...I also love or at least like a lot of other bands and can even appreciate good songs in any other genre...I went to this concert thinking it would suck big time and was shocked to find out that the last time that I saw an atmosphere, the vibe so strong in the audience was when I went to a metallica concert in 99, where they sold out a stadium...I know where you're coming from, but automatically saying that cover bands suck is just way too limiting...

btw how did you guys like the supporting band? I kinda loved it when the singer asked if we wanted another song and it was clearly heard throughout the audience:"NO!" although you probably didn't understand what he asked then...they were good, just on the wrong night...

As a relatively new member of G2R I have to say that the experience has not been without its ups and downs, but in the end the band exists because there is a demand for the music. GnR as they were are no more and won't ever be again in the way that we remember, but people still want to hear their music in a live arena. In some places there isn't much demand and in others the demand is far greater. What G2R offers is a highly energetic, authentic live show playing the music that GnR fans know and love. The members of the band are just as much fans of the music as the audience and we do all we can to make sure the audience gets a great show as we'd not expect anything less ourselves. The fact that the gigs take place in large venues, pubs, clubs or wherever is irrelevant. We go where we are wanted, and if we get there and find out that we're not, then we reconsider going back to the place depending on the reason the crowd isn't as full or receptive. As fun as it is we're doing this because we'd rather be making money playing music than sitting at a desk all day. How many original bands can actually say they make enough money to pay the bills?

I'm in an original band as well as G2R and if we take off to the point where we're touring constantly (with or without a day job on the side) then I'd be focussing on that 100% as performing my own music would obviously be preferable to doing covers, but until that day comes (and trust me, I'm working on it!) then I'll be working hard to make every G2R show as memorable as the real thing, and the messages I've had and response from people after our shows tells me that I'm doing my job pretty damn well.

If you want to hear the music of my band Vytl Syne, please do so by going here - www.myspace.com/vytlsyne, add yourself to our friends and spread the word!

ciao