songs in a foreign language you don't necessarily understand but love anyway

darkstar_legend

oh tons, absolutely tons!! Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, every song of his i can get, i dont understand spanish but i listen to Reggaeton and shit, Aziz Mian, the Sabri Bros...hmm, what else??? i went through this entire thing where i listened to tons of these Native American songs from like war dances and morning songs...its beautiful, it really is...lots of african stuff...entire genres actually.

theoretically i prefer music in languages i dont understand, means that much more to me because it gets down to like...the real base appeal of music in the first place which is sort of a cerebral thing. thats what REALLY means something, when passion transcends and communicates above barriers like language. its like when you're a kid and you listen to music (as i did with nirvana and lots of gnr songs) i had no idea what they were about lyrically but...the appeal came through the music and what i percieved as the passions of the artist.

Edited by ffrankwhite

I'm fluent in Hebrew, so I love Israeli music as much as American. Aviv Geffen is a songwriting talent near-equivalent to Bob Dylan (clearly not quite, but close), and HaYehudim (The Jews) are one of the best hard rock groups I have ever heard. They also put on a killer show - I saw them at a 100,000 person rally a few months ago (I was in the front) and they totally blew me away. Look em up on YouTube.

Crank That by Souljah Boy'

It pretty much taught me deep south ebonics, and some sweet dance moves

song

dance

you cant like thaaattt!!! its sung by...shhhh, ready for this? *whispers* dancing negroes!!!

I KNOW!!! Quick, call the artistic integrity brigade!!!! someone somewhere is having fun!!!!!!!!!

Crank That by Souljah Boy'

It pretty much taught me deep south ebonics, and some sweet dance moves

song

dance

you cant like thaaattt!!! its sung by...shhhh, ready for this? *whispers* dancing negroes!!!

I KNOW!!! Quick, call the artistic integrity brigade!!!! someone somewhere is having fun!!!!!!!!!

shit you,

so what if i like it. :wacko:

Edited by steve-o