Dream Theater feat. Dave Mustaine

ptsondr

Dime would've creamed himself to know Mustaine played one of his songs.

I know dude. I felt like saying something along the lines of "Dime would be rolling in his grave" but I know that's it not true. He would have totally dug that performace.

I just don't think they did a good job. Dave fucked that solo up, real bad.

I love the Dream Theater version. I can't listen to the original anymore because IMHO it pales in comparison. Petrucci's intro just kills the album version, there's something about those screeched harmonics just gives me chills and the piano and James's vocals.... it's just perfect, an amazing song.

Mustaine's solo leaves a lot to be desired. That to me is pointless wankery. Ruins an otherwise perfect recording.

Edited by Graeme

I love the Dream Theater version. I can't listen to the original anymore because IMHO it pales in comparison. Petrucci's intro just kills the album version, there's something about those screeched harmonics just gives me chills and the piano and James's vocals.... it's just perfect, an amazing song.

Mustaine's solo leaves a lot to be desired. That to me is pointless wankery. Ruins an otherwise perfect recording.

Nothing compares to the original dude, sorry.